Club Scion tC

News

Scion Brand Transitioning to Toyota

• Posted by SqMK
  • Date: Feb 03, 2016 at 7:14am
pressroom.toyota.com -
It appears that Toyota has decided to axe the Scion brand, and rebadge all existing Scion models back to Toyota. This will be effective in August 2016.

Toyota's press release explains:
Quote:
Toyota’s decision was made in response to customers’ needs. Today’s younger buyers still want fun-to-drive vehicles that look good, but they are also more practical. They, like their parents, have come to appreciate the Toyota brand and its traditional attributes of quality, dependability and reliability. At the same time, new Toyota vehicles have evolved to feature the dynamic styling and handling young people desire.

Thank you, Scion, for the wonderful 13 years of creative and experimental models, as well as fantastic community support.
Comments

Club Scion tC User Comments

• 7 comments.
    • Pages:
    • 1
  • baronhub @ Mar 28, 2017 7:25AM

I dont understand them dumping the tC either its a great car, overall the best car hey offer from scion (in my opinion with a few facts to back it lol) but why not just call it the zephyr like in japan? Whatever tho justs adds value to my tC!!!!

• tC_Toast @ Aug 10, 2016 7:51PM

So no more tC, I just bought a 2016 tC. I actually love the car I didn't think I would like it but I do. But it does suck that the tC will be discontinued. I wanted to rebadge it to whatever the JDM name is, but we will see.

• ProBearFister @ Jul 03, 2016 5:39AM

I understand why Toyota cut the Scion brand, as well as what Scion really was, but what I simply do NOT understand is why the tC is getting discontinued all together. The tC had the best sales of ALL the models. If Toyota had pulled something like, "We're resurrecting the Celica!" and just re-badged the tC as a Celica (which, in all reality, the tC is essentially a spiritual successor of the Celica), I'm sure sales would've still been far better than most of the other models ("most," because of the soon to be named GT86 here in the States).

• acftmxman @ Mar 21, 2016 8:45AM

Actually I'm glad the iA will live on as a Yaris. For a commuting car, the Yaris Sedan was a good one. I used to have a 2006 and I never had a problem with it. I love my tC RS 8 and I'll be keeping her a long time.

• byronthecarguy @ Mar 16, 2016 10:07AM

Toyota will keep scion cars just rebrand them as toyotas the only exception is the TC which has been discontinued. The Supra has bee discussed but it will be around $130,000 much like the new NSX. A celiac may be in the mix but it will most likely be in the high 20;s low 30's much like the other brands. Remember Scion was made because Toyota didn't want its name on "cheap cars".

• mntamburro @ Feb 28, 2016 12:42PM

honestly you will more likely see my cold dead body than see me in a prius or a corolla

• 7 comments.
    • Pages:
    • 1

You must login to post a comment.

©2017 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.