Hey guys, I’m looking for some help on what I’m finding to be very very unique transmission issue on my automatic transmission 2012 Scion TC with 130,000 miles. As I was driving down the highway about 70 miles an hour I felt the car begin to slow down as if I let off the throttle, so of course I gave it more gas and watched the RPMs jump higher but not Increase my speed any. So as I was rolling out 70 I put it into neutral turned the car off and turned it back on and put it into drive and watched my check engine and TCS light come on, but still no response from the transmission, although the RPMs would rev. I decided to pull over before screwing anything else up and as I was doing trial and error while waiting for the tow truck I found that when I’m stopped:
- The car won’t go into drive, reverse, or drive through sport mode if it’s been sitting and idling for over a minute or two.
- The car will go into drive or reverse immediately after being started but will read to about 3000 RPMs before it even begins moving (kind of behaves like a stick shift with the clutch in halfway or more)
-TCS and check engine lights are still on, I’m going to buy a code reader and provide you all an update this weekend or next

Thanks