Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2005 Automatic, reverse isn’t engaging

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    In my 2005 tC, my reverse gear does not work AT ALL. When I put it into neutral it seems to creep forward, as if it’s in drive. I just topped off my ATF fluid and still does the same thing. PLEASE HELP!
    don’t know if this means anything but I am unable to rev above 2500RPM’s now in park
    aznkhai wrote:
    don’t know if this means anything but I am unable to rev above 2500RPM’s now in park

hmm... try looking at the cable that goes from your shifter to the transmission gear selector. Sounds like it might not be selecting the correct gear. Those cables to stretch and it would definitely be time to check if there is too much slack.

When you find the gear selector switch, turn it clockwise until it stops, that should be park. Then click it two stops counter-clockwise, that's neutral. Then see if you can rev the engine beyond 2500rpms. If you can, then you've solved the problem, the cable wasn't selecting the correct mode on the switch (correct gear).
    Thank you! I’ll definitely get under the car tomorrow and try that, much appreciated!!
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: