Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Stock Clutch

• 26 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    How much hp/tq can a stock clutch handle anyone know?
    and how long do u think it would last
    Probably around 250 lb/ft tq before it starts to just wear hard. You can have a stock clutch that can sometimes....SOMETIMES....out last the engine!...haha......It all depends on driving but normal driving with a little bit of "playful" driving (as long as you're not just feathering and riding the clutch all the time) ....maybe ~80-100K before you notice slipping.
    what about with a stage zero kit think it will last me 5 or 6k miles? i dont do alot of driving i got 6k on my car now and i have had it 5 months
    MrScion07 wrote:
    what about with a stage zero kit think it will last me 5 or 6k miles? i dont do alot of driving i got 6k on my car now and i have had it 5 months

That's a lot of driving? I have had mine for 9 months and have 32600 .

Well, if you keep it out of boost range and just let the engine work it's way into the power, you should be fine. The added torque will mainly hurt you in 1st and 2nd. The clutch should be ok from 3rd and on.
    no im saying thats not alot of driving so i wouldnt have to worry as much
    oooooooooooo.....hahahahahha.........yeah, you'll be fine.....haha
    but thanks web for the info
    You will be fineā€¦ But you will have no fun; even if you upgrade the clutch and flywheel now its like night and day. You will fill that its way more powerful. I have a stage 2 ACT its way different then the stock setup this one just clamps no feathering.
    hmmm maybe im better off waiting a few more month befor i do this
    Web wrote:
    MrScion07 wrote:

That's a lot of driving? I have had mine for 9 months and have 32600 .

Well, if you keep it out of boost range and just let the engine work it's way into the power, you should be fine. The added torque will mainly hurt you in 1st and 2nd. The clutch should be ok from 3rd and on.

HOLY SHNIKEEs WEB!

you put 32K on your car in 9months?????!!!!!!!

I have 37K and i've had it since nov 04!!!!!!

and yeah, well i wouldn't trust the stock clutch to hold any more than 200whp for an extended period of time.

Yeah dude........I drive anywhere and everywhere
    I've had my car for 2 years and its only at 17k miles..
    heh heh i rent a shitty focus whenever i have to drive upstate for the weekend...sept 05 = 16k
    I'm with ya Web, I drive about 27,000 miles a year.

Mostly because I love to drive.
    Web wrote:
    Yeah dude........I drive anywhere and everywhere

me 2. but that is ridiculous. what, the average driver puts on about 15K-20K a year....???

what do you do, come home from work and just go joy-riding for hours and hours? then do the same thing on weekends?

30K+ in 9 months!!!! i'm surprised your car didn't blow up. I don't even think i could drive 30K in 9 months if i tried!! lol...
    Well, my job is 50 miles round trip and my gf is 80 miles round trip. I see her a few times a week and work M-F. Friday nights I drive a few hours but that turns out to no more than 100 miles (on a long night).

Not sure though. I just like to get in the car and go anywhere.
    Web wrote:
    Well, my job is 50 miles round trip and my gf is 80 miles round trip. I see her a few times a week and work M-F. Friday nights I drive a few hours but that turns out to no more than 100 miles (on a long night).

Not sure though. I just like to get in the car and go anywhere.

my work is 50 miles round trip M-F too.

When i first got the car (nov 04) i did a lot of joyriding and pointless cruises... kindof got tired of it after a while. I still occasionally go for leisure drives, just not as much or as long as i used to.

but still, i've made plenty of trips down to the MD and jersey shore, as well as work related trips out to central PA and back multiple times.

I have to say it, I am dumbfounded and almost in disbelief over how you could drive 32,000 miles in 9 months.. Unless ofcourse you just drive all day long, every day... lol...
    Nah.........just the everyday drive to work and ~3 days to my gf. I got the car April 27, 2006 with 84 miles on it. After I started modding it, my miles seemed to climb more and more....hahahaha

Sorry, 10 months and just peaked into the beginning of the 11th.
    I do about 3000-3200 a month
    My goal is to negate my warranty within the first year ....haha.........after I got to 20K at around 8 months, I just said f*ck it....might as well try to get there quick....hahahahah
  • 26 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: