Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2006 tc, sunroof refuses to work

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    hello people that know what they're doing, i'm not one of you (at least when it comes to cars.)

my tc's suroof has been open for a very long time, on account of it's inability to be operated via the switch in the car.i tried fucking with the wire like some of the people on youtube, blew a bunch of fuses. i replaced the overhead lamp thingy, no cigar.

now i've replaced all of the fuses that blew, i still have the new overhead thing, and i can't find anything else on line to fix it. i'm kinda up against the wall on this, too, since the "rainy" season is starting in cali (as much of a joke as that is, my legal stuff needs to stop getting rained on.) does anyone have any tips and tricks i should use, or is it time to hit this with the fuck it adjustment and pull into a repairshop?
    flipxide wrote:
    hello people that know what they're doing, i'm not one of you (at least when it comes to cars.)

my tc's suroof has been open for a very long time, on account of it's inability to be operated via the switch in the car.i tried fucking with the wire like some of the people on youtube, blew a bunch of fuses. i replaced the overhead lamp thingy, no cigar.

now i've replaced all of the fuses that blew, i still have the new overhead thing, and i can't find anything else on line to fix it. i'm kinda up against the wall on this, too, since the "rainy" season is starting in cali (as much of a joke as that is, my legal stuff needs to stop getting rained on.) does anyone have any tips and tricks i should use, or is it time to hit this with the fuck it adjustment and pull into a repairshop?

as you say "the overhead thingy".. did that include replacing the board that contains the switch that operates the sunroof motor (open/close)? That small button switch on the circuit board is known to go bad over time. If you have a new one, install it. If you don't have a new circuit board, time for a new one.

Looks like you learned your lesson to stop playing with the electrical system

You could also go to a shop that knows electrical system well, they could jumper the switch to make your sunroof close, but it would stay closed until you fixed that board.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: