Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Tech Talk and Help Threads
Viewing Thread

Code P0455

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Jul 18, 2017 4:38:45 pm
    I have a 08 and the 'Check Engine Light' went on.....took it to AutoZone and they put the decoder on it. Says P0455/P0441. Sales Guy said it's the Gas Cap !!!! Had to order one (not in stock). Is he right?
    • Jul 19, 2017 12:45:19 pm
    Yea know.....sometimes I amaze myself! Alittle research, bought a new gas cap (pepboys $8.49) disconnected the neg battery cable for a few minutes, and guess what....all fixed!
    • Jul 19, 2017 5:55:15 pm
    1lowufo wrote:
    Yea know.....sometimes I amaze myself! Alittle research, bought a new gas cap (pepboys $8.49) disconnected the neg battery cable for a few minutes, and guess what....all fixed!

yup p0455 is usually the cap.. It's a known tc1 issue. I used to buy the toyota cap thinking that was the best, but every 2-3 years the cel would happen. Bought a Stant brand cap, no more cel sgain! what brand did you get?

oh and if you want to know what went bad on the toyota cap.. It's the rubber seal on the cap..
    • Jul 21, 2017 10:51:09 pm
    1lowufo wrote:

Congrats!!! Feels good doing it yourself, step back and smile, yeah I fixed that!!
Tags: code p0455
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: