Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Looking for advise for coilovers 2013 tc2

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hi I want to first say i am new to modding my car so I apologize if i dont have the correct information. I have a scion tc2 2013 and i want to lower my car. I have done some research about lower springs over coilovers and I have decided to go with Coilovers. The problem I am having is which coilovers should i go with. I know they range from 100 dollars to over 1,000 dollars. I don't want to get anything cheap where it is just a waste of money, but i also don't want to spend thousands of dollars just because they are the highest price. I know price doesn't always mean best quality. From reading the internet and please correct me if i am wrong....that lowering the car does lose quality in the ride like you feel everything. The counter for that is better handling and the look is this correct? or is there more to it? I would like to lower my car and get better handling. I just don't want to lose the comfort of the ride too too much unless i really have to. One of my friends recommended Tein Street Basis Z Coilovers but i do see they have the Tein Flex Z coilovers. Is there a huge difference for 450dollars?
    Could anyone explain to me what the difference is? please
    tC2_2013 wrote:
    Hi I want to first say i am new to modding my car so I apologize if i dont have the correct information. I have a scion tc2 2013 and i want to lower my car. I have done some research about lower springs over coilovers and I have decided to go with Coilovers. The problem I am having is which coilovers should i go with. I know they range from 100 dollars to over 1,000 dollars. I don't want to get anything cheap where it is just a waste of money, but i also don't want to spend thousands of dollars just because they are the highest price. I know price doesn't always mean best quality. From reading the internet and please correct me if i am wrong....that lowering the car does lose quality in the ride like you feel everything. The counter for that is better handling and the look is this correct? or is there more to it? I would like to lower my car and get better handling. I just don't want to lose the comfort of the ride too too much unless i really have to. One of my friends recommended Tein Street Basis Z Coilovers but i do see they have the Tein Flex Z coilovers. Is there a huge difference for 450dollars?
    Could anyone explain to me what the difference is? please

I think the flex is more $$$ because it has more adjustments. I've heard the basis more like basic do not have the ability to adjust for ride height, it is what it is, when the springs settle. If you want the ultimate in adjust-ability then go with the higher model, flex Z.
    so its just a difference with adjustments in regards to the height? the quality of the ride does not get effected just how much adjustment? That helps a lot

Thank you!
    tC2_2013 wrote:
    so its just a difference with adjustments in regards to the height? the quality of the ride does not get effected just how much adjustment? That helps a lot

Thank you!

actually I think the z series has adjustment for the rebound/compression of the shock, so that would affect ride feel. check out tein's website I think it explains all that.. you're welcome!
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: