Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Suspension & Brakes Threads
Viewing Thread

Lowered and now alignment issues

• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 18, 2017 9:14:20 am
    Good morning, so this passed weekend I lowered my 2013 Scion tC with the s-tech springs and now my steering wheel is off center. When I removed the strut and top mount I didn't mark or see how it came off. I did noticed that there is 2 blue marks from the factory but wasn't sure what direction they're suppose to be facing. If somebody can help me out or give me guidance that would be awesome. forgot to mention, if I make a sharp left then the steering wheel will come off center and if I make a shaft right it'll go back to center.
    • Apr 19, 2017 6:38:42 pm
    miguey wrote:
    Good morning, so this passed weekend I lowered my 2013 Scion tC with the s-tech springs and now my steering wheel is off center. When I removed the strut and top mount I didn't mark or see how it came off. I did noticed that there is 2 blue marks from the factory but wasn't sure what direction they're suppose to be facing. If somebody can help me out or give me guidance that would be awesome. forgot to mention, if I make a sharp left then the steering wheel will come off center and if I make a shaft right it'll go back to center.

you need to get a Alignment, theres nothing else that will fix your problem. This is normal specially if you lowered the vehicle more than 1 inch the steering will be way off. your welcome.
    • Apr 19, 2017 8:21:14 pm
    Hi, but could me possibly me playing my strut mount differently cause that? Because when I turn left is goes off center and when I make a hard right it goes back to normal
    • Apr 19, 2017 11:53:48 pm
    miguey wrote:
    Hi, but could me possibly me playing my strut mount differently cause that? Because when I turn left is goes off center and when I make a hard right it goes back to normal

there are directions to the stock struts, and the painted marks from what I remember are to face outward towards the outside of the car. The top insulator is to face outward with the notch facing outward. That's for the tC1, I'd bet the tc2 (2011+) would be the same. The stock springs also have this paint on them to show direction because of the design of the factory struts. Next time I bet you'll notice how the factory had it set up and take pics to refer to!
    • Apr 20, 2017 7:48:41 am
    So if the not mistaken, if I'm standing in front of the car the passenger mark should be point at 9'o clock and drive at 3'o clock?
    Yeah I know, I should have taken pictures or marked it but didn't.
    • Apr 20, 2017 4:05:00 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on Apr 20, 2017 4:21:21pm.
    which way are those marks pointing now?

I'll have to do some digging for the info, but from what I remember, yes, it should point to the outside of the car.. I wasn't sure if it was to the front of the car or the outside. It was because of the springs and notches on the top mount plate facing outwards that I was thinking that. At least the tc1 (05-10) does. I didn't think the tc2 is that much different they're both macpherson type struts..
    • Apr 20, 2017 11:33:30 pm
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    which way are those marks pointing now?

I'll have to do some digging for the info, but from what I remember, yes, it should point to the outside of the car.. I wasn't sure if it was to the front of the car or the outside. It was because of the springs and notches on the top mount plate facing outwards that I was thinking that. At least the tc1 (05-10) does. I didn't think the tc2 is that much different they're both macpherson type struts..

No, I just put them in disregarding the marking. Ok I'm going to jump into it this weekend and see what I find out.
    • Apr 21, 2017 4:32:13 pm
    ok move those around and let us know how it goes..
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: