Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Scion tC RS3 Front Grill (05-10)

• 56 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
    • Dec 10, 2011 5:29:50 pm

Description:
    The RS3 front grill from Racing Solution is made of quality fiberglass material. This grill will fit on all Scion tC front bumpers. Some slight modification may be necessary for optimal fitment. This is standard for any fiberglass product since they are hand made. The grill is designed to fit over the OEM grill and other aftermarket grills that fit like OEM.

The grill can be mounted using 3m tape or 3m glue (not included). For an even more secure installation, use a quick dry glue (JB Weld) to secure threaded hex bolts to the backside of the grill. The bolts slide through your existing tC's grill and then secure on the back side using washers and nuts.

Available in fiberglass or carbon fiber

Store Link:
    • Dec 12, 2011 10:50:42 pm
    damn nice really would like these someday =]
    • Feb 19, 2012 9:08:21 pm
    I've been looking at this grille for at least 2 years now, figured it would have been a little cheaper by now...I can't justify almost $150 for a grille insert. :/

• Feb 19, 2012 9:09:40 pm
    Taniaaa wrote:
    I've been looking at this grille for at least 2 years now, figured it would have been a little cheaper by now...I can't justify almost $150 for a grille insert. :/

x2
    • Feb 19, 2012 9:13:55 pm
    Taniaaa wrote:
    I can't justify almost $150 for a grille insert. :/

X4
    • Feb 19, 2012 9:14:32 pm
    Mutiny! What do you guys think is a fair price for this product then?
    • Feb 19, 2012 10:09:17 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by AretardedKid on Feb 19, 2012 10:10:36pm.
    lol thats my car. i like how yall even added how I mounted it in the instructions. and for those complaining about the price just to let you know from the dealership it will cost you 3 or 4 times as much
    • Feb 19, 2012 10:31:03 pm
    AretardedKid wrote:
    lol thats my car. i like how yall even added how I mounted it in the instructions. and for those complaining about the price just to let you know from the dealership it will cost you 3 or 4 times as much

Who buys parts from the stealership???

I'd pay $50-75 for this. Meng released a shaved garnish for $50. A body shop will charge around 150-200 for that kind of work. For a piece of plastic I think that is an insanely good price. It also really does wonders to your rear end.

So yeah, $50 unpainted, and maybe $75-100 painted.

I understand the aspect of trying to run a business..but let's be real. $125 AND you're going to charge $20 for shipping?!?

Again, Meng charges $5 shipping on any order! And if you're smart enough to shoot Tony an email, he does his best to hook it up.

Just my opinion..
    • Feb 19, 2012 10:43:43 pm
    first off this piece is not plastic it is fiber glass. 2nd talk to meng about going into production with these if you think meng has the best prices online. and speaking of the rear ganish meng sells them for 54.99 (unpainted) and about 95-105 (painted) plus shipping. full throttle perfomance sell them 45 (unpainted) 75 (painted) free shipping. so basically if you dont want to spend them money then stop complaining
    • Feb 19, 2012 10:48:05 pm
    Bro, you mad bro?

They asked for OPINIONS on what we thought a good price would be, pretty sure that's what I gave you.

Quit being such a retarded kid.
    • Feb 19, 2012 11:00:24 pm
    What does this thread have to do with garnishes?

And honestly no one is ever going to notice that it is an RS3 grill..

I could go grab a VRD for half the price and no one would say anything differently about it.
    • Feb 19, 2012 11:15:00 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by SciFi on Feb 20, 2012 10:15:45am.
    $50 unpainted would be fair.
    • Feb 20, 2012 8:29:38 am
    I appreciate the feedback.. but $50 is not even an option.. there is too much cost in labor and materials to even come close to that.
    • Feb 20, 2012 9:24:06 am
    ^^^exactly. Its better than paying dealership prices. people don't get the whole process of manufacturing parts as like its being made in toys r us. I'm sure you have to build the mold patent which I'm sure is very costly. then the raw materials and so on. i think this is a good price to pay rather than paying for an oem product at ridiculous prices. if you can't swing it then move on.
    • Feb 20, 2012 11:08:00 pm
    I would love an rs3 grill if anyones selling theres for a bit cheaper
    • Feb 26, 2012 3:07:04 am
    antiks wrote:
    ^^^exactly. Its better than paying dealership prices. people don't get the whole process of manufacturing parts as like its being made in toys r us. I'm sure you have to build the mold patent which I'm sure is very costly. then the raw materials and so on. i think this is a good price to pay rather than paying for an oem product at ridiculous prices. if you can't swing it then move on.

Agreed, it's sad to say but scion owners are cheap. I can see why a lot of the young ppl post here instead of scionlife. $150 is a good price compared to buying an authentic rs3 grill from a rs3 owner. A while ago I saw someone asking for their rs3 grill for $300, and people are complaining about $150? Jesus! Lmao $50 unpainted is fair? I'd like you to go through all that trouble to manufacturer these and we'll see then if you'll charged $50 for it.
    • Mar 08, 2012 8:40:43 pm

Description:
    The RS3 front grill from Racing Solution is made of quality fiberglass material. This grill will fit on all Scion tC front bumpers. Some slight modification may be necessary for optimal fitment. This is standard for any fiberglass product since they are hand made. The grill is designed to fit over the OEM grill and other aftermarket grills that fit like OEM.

The grill can be mounted using 3m tape or 3m glue (not included). For an even more secure installation, use a quick dry glue (JB Weld) to secure threaded hex bolts to the backside of the grill. The bolts slide through your existing tC's grill and then secure on the back side using washers and nuts.

Store Link:
    • Mar 10, 2012 11:36:05 pm
    RacingSolution wrote:

Description:

Store Link:

how hard is the install of the comb grill?
    • Mar 11, 2012 6:57:10 am
    I'm considering picking one of these up for my tC. The price isn't that bad, but like Racing Solutions said, its fiberglass, not ABS Plastic. I have to agree as well, some Scion owners are very cheap when it comes to modding their tC's, if you want to play your going to pay, that's the bottom line. I do feel the shipping is a bit much.

I contacted TRDSparks.com about wanting an authentic RS3 Grille and they told me they won't sell me one because I don't own a RS3 tC, and secondly the only way they would sell me one is for warranty purposes.
    • Mar 11, 2012 3:21:39 pm
    Just placed my order for a fiberglass RS3 Grille.
  • 56 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Jump to Forum: