Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

The new guy

• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Feb 23, 2018 10:10:55 am
    • Edited 2 times, last by 09scionman on Feb 23, 2018 10:13:58am.
    Well i introduced myself already in the introduction. However, for those who have not made it there. I recently picked up an 09 tC I’m going to restore while I’m not doing my normal Army post life events.

I plan on reworking the headlights, cleaning the yellow, refinishing them. Installing my halo RGB setup. Possibly a few other additions. Ideas are welcome.

Of course I will be changing the antenna to a shortly. ;)
    • Feb 24, 2018 3:06:05 pm
    Welcome, glad to see new rides are still popping up on here
    • Feb 25, 2018 8:35:50 pm
    yup welcome, hey wait I already said that in the other thread you made, lol.. But a little TLC is what your 09 is needing and I see you have a good starting game plan. The UV protection in the headlights only lasts about a decade then begins to fog up.

Definitely ad a UV protector once you clean 'em up. But you might already know that. just sayin.

What other plans do you have for it? It looks like it's really good condition! The previous owner took (by visual looks) good care of it.

One thing I will tell you is to make sure your water pump isn't leaking. Look down by the drivebelt and make sure it's dry, nothing that looks like salt/ice down there. By 09 I believe that Toyota DID update the water pump from the factory but hey just helping ya out.
    • Feb 27, 2018 6:21:10 pm
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    yup welcome, hey wait I already said that in the other thread you made, lol.. But a little TLC is what your 09 is needing and I see you have a good starting game plan. The UV protection in the headlights only lasts about a decade then begins to fog up.

Definitely ad a UV protector once you clean 'em up. But you might already know that. just sayin.

What other plans do you have for it? It looks like it's really good condition! The previous owner took (by visual looks) good care of it.

One thing I will tell you is to make sure your water pump isn't leaking. Look down by the drivebelt and make sure it's dry, nothing that looks like salt/ice down there. By 09 I believe that Toyota DID update the water pump from the factory but hey just helping ya out.

Pump seems replaced by previous owner by the MFG date on the pump. I double checked thank you for that. The old antenna has been removed also the stock grill. Have to work with the body. It’s not perfect does have some typical Florida dings, the 209 black pear needs to be redone. I replaced the recalled lift gate with the updated one since the one on the car originally broke the other day on me. So far I have slowly been adding or replacing parts.
    • Feb 28, 2018 7:33:15 am
    09scionman wrote:
    Pump seems replaced by previous owner by the MFG date on the pump. I double checked thank you for that. The old antenna has been removed also the stock grill. Have to work with the body. It’s not perfect does have some typical Florida dings, the 209 black pear needs to be redone. I replaced the recalled lift gate with the updated one since the one on the car originally broke the other day on me. So far I have slowly been adding or replacing parts.

good to know that your water pump is the newer part, it sounds like. yup, you're welcome for that.

what's a 209 black pear? yeah for awhile there people were stealing the antenna, really stupid but people do odd things. might be why the antenna is different. and the entire lift gate was replaced? wow.. oh wait, do you mean the plastic piece where the scion logo is and the power button to unlock the liftgate? ya that didn't break on me, but it was starting to get weak so I just replaced it.

sounds like the tC you have is a decent platform to improve/work with! that's cool! keep us updated with your progress..
    • Mar 05, 2018 6:51:20 am
    Welcome to the club, she is shining!! Looks good. Post pics on your updates. I love watching the build.

Thank you for your sacrifice and service!!!
Tags: guy new the
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: