Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Gas Cap - 2007 Scion TC

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hello! I have a question regarding my 2007 Scion TC gas cap. My check engine light has come on and I am sure it is from my gas cap, or at least that is what I have been told. When putting the gas cap back on after fueling, I turn it 3 clicks and after the clicks you can just pull it right out. Is it my gas cap? And if so where can I buy one? I see most people say just from an Auto store, but if I buy one, will it make my check engine light go off? Please help!
    I had to replace mine a few months ago for the same reason. You can get it at a Toyota dealership and problem solved.
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    Toyota has a service bulletin out about the gas cap, all 05-10 tC models. Number of the bulletin is S-SB-0030-09 dated June 2, 2009.

The new gas cap is part number 77300-47010, it has replaced the OLD 33070 gas cap. Looks like Toyota updated the part with a newer one. Hope that helps ya get the right gas cap.
    JaiBoog wrote:
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    Toyota has a service bulletin out about the gas cap, all 05-10 tC models. Number of the bulletin is S-SB-0030-09 dated June 2, 2009.

The new gas cap is part number 77300-47010, it has replaced the OLD 33070 gas cap. Looks like Toyota updated the part with a newer one. Hope that helps ya get the right gas cap.

hey thanks.. always nice to be quoted

also, I did go and get an aftermarket gas cap after the 2nd toyota cap wore out. Seems their life isn't that great. Got a Stant cap, been working well for a year now.
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: