Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2015 TC Hatch Leak

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Edited 1 times, last by daniel77 on .
    Hello everyone,

Well I thought I fixed this last year. Now I'm scratching my head. My RS9 has leaked water into the hatch since I've had it (2nd owner). I look this issue up online and tons of other people have this same issue (with no resolutions/fix posted). So it's a design flaw I'm led to believe.

Here's strange part. Under (nowhere on top or higher in the car) the rear cargo mat is soaked where the spare tire is. Cargo mat itself is bone dry. It's pooling in the trunk then running down to the back seats (which explains why only the butt bench is wet) and into the rear floor board. The car sat in the driveway all night while it rained and it's soaked this morning.

So, does anyone on here have/had this problem? Any ideas how it would leak in what appears to have to be sideways into the rear hatch (doesn't make sense)? I'll be removing all the entire back end of the car this weekend (plastics/seats) to try to isolate this. Any suggestions are appreciated.Link

I'm not taking it to the dealership. This won't be covered under warranty and I doubt they'll fix it properly. SHAREit

Thank you!
    daniel77 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Well I thought I fixed this last year. Now I'm scratching my head. My RS9 has leaked water into the hatch since I've had it (2nd owner). I look this issue up online and tons of other people have this same issue (with no resolutions/fix posted). So it's a design flaw I'm led to believe.

Here's strange part. Under (nowhere on top or higher in the car) the rear cargo mat is soaked where the spare tire is. Cargo mat itself is bone dry. It's pooling in the trunk then running down to the back seats (which explains why only the butt bench is wet) and into the rear floor board. The car sat in the driveway all night while it rained and it's soaked this morning.

So, does anyone on here have/had this problem? Any ideas how it would leak in what appears to have to be sideways into the rear hatch (doesn't make sense)? I'll be removing all the entire back end of the car this weekend (plastics/seats) to try to isolate this. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm not taking it to the dealership. This won't be covered under warranty and I doubt they'll fix it properly.

Thank you!

check your rear tail light seals.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: