Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Kawasaki Ninja 650 R

• 28 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    [IMG]http://i149.photobucket.c...dsm3383/083105top_650.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, I am extremely contemplating buying a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R!!!

I need a toy which is balls to the walls right now while I work on the tC.

So, the main reason for this post is to get other riders feedback about this bike. Want to know if I'm going for the right bike for the right money.

Let me know what you think!!!
    BUY IT!!!

everyone I know that has a crotch rocket says the feeling of acceleration doesn't compare to anything. Pure addiction!
    i prefer the suzuki gsxr750 i had one and now i really miss it
    agent009_5 wrote:
    i prefer the suzuki gsxr750 i had one and now i really miss it

I wanted to get a GSX-R 600 which I tried getting a few years ago for arond $7K but now are going for close to $10K and just don't want to spend that money on a bike til I get bored and want an upgrade cause I'm a speed junky. But yea I prefer Suzuki but Kawasaki is affordable and have heard good things about the new 650R.
    I was looking at this exact same model last year, but couldn't swing it when I didn't get the job I interviewed for. I say go for it
    The bank just approved the loan. I'll be finalizing everything tomorrow. So, sometime next week when the tags get in for the bike I will have it!!!!!
    1 question is... have you ever rode before??

If the answer is no, even though the 650R is a good starter bike, are you ready to learn on a 6k bike...

If its your first bike you would be better off finding an older 600 or less for 2-3g's than spending 6g's on something that 99.9% of the time will get dropped.

After all theres only 2 kinds of riders, those who have fell, and those that are about to.
    This will be my first sports bike. No, I have not ridden anything of that caliper before. All my experience is with dirt bikes.

I would rather make the investment for a new bike where I know what I'm getting. I don't like the risk of getting a bike that may have frame damage. Rather drop the bike a few times and get some dings and dents than die at a high speed cause there was frame damage that made the bike unstable.
    dont know much about kawi i always been a big yamaha fan. But im loooving that exhaust im assuming thats the exhaust right infront of the tire!
    Oh and plz dont get a GSXR! every person in the world has one. Awsome bikes but its NUTS!
    MrScion07 wrote:
    dont know much about kawi i always been a big yamaha fan. But im loooving that exhaust im assuming thats the exhaust right infront of the tire!

Yea, I dig that exhaust too. Out of the way so don't have to worry about a hot leg on long trips.

I wanted a GSXR but too expensive just for the 600. 650R has great reviews and testing it out made up my mind.

Also I'm getting hell of a deal since I'm purchasing an '07 instead of the new '08's. Still new but save $1500!!!
    [quote="MrScion07"]Oh and plz dont get a GSXR! every person in the world has one. Awsome bikes but its NUTS![/quote]

EVERYONE has an r6

i dont recommend the 650. get the regular zx6r the 650 rear tire is quite a bit smaller. a person at my school has one and said he should have bought the zx6r instead. plus with a 7k redline on the 650, you'll be dying later on for that extra 4.5k rpms of the 6r after you get used to it. i have never personally ridden the 650 but i know the 6r is a really good bike all around. i put a couple hundred miles on one and id trade my zx7r for one
    Well I originally wanted a ZR600 but I actually like the 650R cause it's not a "traditional" crotch rocket.

I am planning on taking it on long trips all over the country. So comfort is important. The handlebars sit higher and the leg posts are situated to keep your legs more straight. This causes more of a upright position.

From alot of reviews from other they recommend the 650R for its handling and comfort. Has alot more midrange power compared to the other Ninja classes. This makes it better situated for cruising on the highway, don't have to downshift just to pass a car.
    soooooooooooooooo jealous... I've always wanted a bike
    I was either going to get a 650r but i went with the suzuki sv650... nothing like a naked bike with v twin torque!
    [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com...racer/DSCN0314svrider.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com...racer/DSCN0312svrider.jpg[/IMG]
    I only have 1 problem with Ninjas. Everybody has one. But thats just me liking to be original. I've never heard any complaints about them
    tCdriver08 wrote:
    I was either going to get a 650r but i went with the suzuki sv650... nothing like a naked bike with v twin torque!
    [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com...racer/DSCN0314svrider.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com...racer/DSCN0312svrider.jpg[/IMG]

NICE! VERY NICE!

I'm digging the new naked bike look (knock on wood). Just hope it doesn't get trendy.

I looked at that also and really are very similar. BOTH GOT AWESOME MIDRANGE TORQUE FROM A SWEET V-TWIN!!!
    Dirt Bikes are only similiar in shifting.... thats it. I would seriously recommend that you look for 2-3000 used bike and learn on that atleast for a few months to get your feet wet and then if you feel you want to get a brand new bike then get the 650r.

But if your set in having a brand new bike for your first bike... Good luck and heed what i said about "2 Types of Riders"
    Imagin wrote:
    Dirt Bikes are only similiar in shifting.... thats it. I would seriously recommend that you look for 2-3000 used bike and learn on that atleast for a few months to get your feet wet and then if you feel you want to get a brand new bike then get the 650r.

But if your set in having a brand new bike for your first bike... Good luck and heed what i said about "2 Types of Riders"

Well I'm not worried about dropping the bike a few times. Yea, it does happen to every rider but I got frame sliders to protect the essentials. Scratches are no big deal. I know over time I will put more money into the bike once I want to go faster and seriously there is not much plastic on the bike so paint jobs are pretty cheap.

I'm buying this bike cause it's the bike I want. I'm not going to spend 3 G's on a bike I will get rid of in a couple of months. Waste of money. Cheaper just to fix the scratches I'm going to get from dropping it a few times.

Its not scratches you need to worry about...

Your mind is made up so there is no talking sense now. Atleast you did pick a very easy to ride starter bike that will not attempt to kill you like a ZX6 would.

Do yourself this favour. Dont listen to your buddies for his advice on how to ride. Before you get to riding, get enrolled in a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. Make your dealership tell you about it and how to sign up.

BELIEVE ME ON THIS ONE FACT. Go to a MSF course. Scedule one NOW!! Yes it will cost you about 200-300 dollars but it is info that is WELL worth it. Learn the right way to do things and practice that. Your friends might not have layed his bike down, but ill bet he has quite a few bad habits that you will not want passed down onto you.

Go to an MSF course. I cant preach that enough.
  • 28 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: