Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

New to the club!

  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
    • Edited 1 times, last by thatdieselguy94 on .
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

    BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol
    Hello thatdieselguy94,

    Welcome to CStC!

    MR_LUV


    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

    BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol


    Welcome to the club. I will definitely keep an eye out for your build. Are you referring to the oil consumption problem? You might want to check with the dealer to see if they will warranty it. I want to say it's 10 yrs?
    yotagirl wrote:
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

    BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol


    Welcome to the club. I will definitely keep an eye out for your build. Are you referring to the oil consumption problem? You might want to check with the dealer to see if they will warranty it. I want to say it's 10 yrs?


    Yea that's what I was talking about lol. I'm thinking about that route, but the car is a 2007 so I am right there at the cutoff. I'm hoping that if I run some seafoam and oil additives it will help a little bit with it.
    I would try the dealer first. I believe it is the piston and rings that were the problem? If your car falls under it there's no charge. Never hurts to try.

    Maybe someone that had it done can comment more about it.
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    yotagirl wrote:
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

    BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol


    Welcome to the club. I will definitely keep an eye out for your build. Are you referring to the oil consumption problem? You might want to check with the dealer to see if they will warranty it. I want to say it's 10 yrs?


    Yea that's what I was talking about lol. I'm thinking about that route, but the car is a 2007 so I am right there at the cutoff. I'm hoping that if I run some seafoam and oil additives it will help a little bit with it.


    Welcome to the club! Yotagirl is correct. It's a faulty piston ring setup that allows the oil to be burned. Additives won't help if your having the issue if your not having it by now, your good. What part of NC are you in?
    I took my 2009 tc to Toyota in March 2017 and they fixed the problem under warranty. Now it doesn't burn oil at all. its been 5k miles and the oil level is still at what they left it at.
    Awesome!! Glad to hear they fixed it, nothing like that peace of mind. My neighbor has a Camry with the problem. Her oil is completely gone by 3,000 miles. By the time she called Toyota they told her she was just out of the extension. Unfortunately I have failed at talking her into pushing harder to get it replaced. You can lead a horse to water right.
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2018 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.