Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Hi all, newb here, just saying hi.

  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
    I pick up my 2012 manual Tc tomorrow. Just bought it used for 9k 57k miles comes with TRD strut bar, exhaust, and air intake. Test drive was nice, look forward to driving it as my daily. Just here to find out more about it. Tbis is my first car that's newer than a 2001. Hell its my first car with power windows.

    Anyone else have this model year? Have any tips, things to know, or just stories?
    deadpoolchimi wrote:
    I pick up my 2012 manual Tc tomorrow. Just bought it used for 9k 57k miles comes with TRD strut bar, exhaust, and air intake. Test drive was nice, look forward to driving it as my daily. Just here to find out more about it. Tbis is my first car that's newer than a 2001. Hell its my first car with power windows.

    Anyone else have this model year? Have any tips, things to know, or just stories?


    welcome to cstc! no big tips that I know of for the 12 tC.. I think by then they had gotten rid of most of the bugs.
    Good to know, trying to figure out what some of the mod wiring is for besides HiDs, but its been pretty enjoyable so far.
    deadpoolchimi wrote:
    Good to know, trying to figure out what some of the mod wiring is for besides HiDs, but its been pretty enjoyable so far.


    oh someone modded your wiring before ya got it? Hopefully that's not too bad to figure out. yeah the only thing is the scion community is shrinking since Scion is a dead automotive brand now.. it was a cool experiment that Toyota did. But it happened at a time that Toyota was going through a lot of management changes. I'm just glad we have the tC as a result!
    Honestly, that's why I bought it. I always liked them. I respect Toyota reliability, previous ride was a 2001 Echo with 200k on it. Its still on the road, but I live in AZ and hot summer weather is hard on it. I wanted something fun, sporty, nice style, and manual. All Toyota has now os the "86" Which I am sure is cool, but the price point isn't there at all. Eventually I would like to get a '16 Camero, and the driver's seat in a '12 tC wasn't far off from the Cameros I sat in. The dash and windshield are close, the head room and roof line. My biggest concern for a camero was how much more close to you every thing felt. The tC isn't quite as clostrophobic, but it's close.

    Where I live, I don't see this car a lot too. The one I got is from a completely different state. I do see xB's EVERYWHERE though, and have for some time, so I figure given the similar power trains, this should last awhile.

    It is sucky the brand is gone, at least there still seems to be a good aftermarket for tC stuff, and some communities left around it. Its a a really nice car so far, and given how few people, at least that I know, have seen this gen of the tC around here, it gets way attention than I really thought it would, though the TRD exaust in the work parking garage may have a bit to so with that too, lol. Who knows, now that I have one I will probably see them everywhere.

    deadpoolchimi wrote:
    Honestly, that's why I bought it. I always liked them. I respect Toyota reliability, previous ride was a 2001 Echo with 200k on it. Its still on the road, but I live in AZ and hot summer weather is hard on it. I wanted something fun, sporty, nice style, and manual. All Toyota has now os the "86" Which I am sure is cool, but the price point isn't there at all. Eventually I would like to get a '16 Camero, and the driver's seat in a '12 tC wasn't far off from the Cameros I sat in. The dash and windshield are close, the head room and roof line. My biggest concern for a camero was how much more close to you every thing felt. The tC isn't quite as clostrophobic, but it's close.

    Where I live, I don't see this car a lot too. The one I got is from a completely different state. I do see xB's EVERYWHERE though, and have for some time, so I figure given the similar power trains, this should last awhile.

    It is sucky the brand is gone, at least there still seems to be a good aftermarket for tC stuff, and some communities left around it. Its a a really nice car so far, and given how few people, at least that I know, have seen this gen of the tC around here, it gets way attention than I really thought it would, though the TRD exaust in the work parking garage may have a bit to so with that too, lol. Who knows, now that I have one I will probably see them everywhere.




    yeah the 1st gen tC 05-10 does have a good bit of aftermarket support for it, even today. I remember when I first got the tC. Two couples got out of an audi a8, kept staring at my tC, I asked what the problem was.. They were admiring it. They thought it was a new audi, nope.. new bmw, nope.. I asked them how much they thought it cost.. They said $35k-40k, lol.. I said.. it's a toyota.. they said "noo. you're lying, that is NOT a toyota!" They couldn't believe it. Then.. I told them it was only $18k new. They couldn't believe that either! But it still gets attention even today. But in a sea of boring, cookie-cutter SUV/CUV's out there, the tC stands on its own! and actually has some style!

    ahh yes the echo, I do remember that little car. You know the xA and xB 1st gen had the echo's engine! The tC got the engine from the camry. From what I've heard is 300k is achievable.

    you being in arizona, need the a/c! If you ever have a problem with the a/c and they charge it up and you feel it's not as cold as it should be. Check the schrader valves in the Hi/Low charging ports! Mine were not completely tight from the factory. One extra nudge made it perfectly tight, no more slight leaking! Just a thought..
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2019 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.