Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More New Member Introductions Threads
Viewing Thread

Newbie here

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Mar 27, 2018 11:00:52 am
    Hey hey guys. I just picked up an 06 TC RS. I test drove a TC about a year ago and loved it; however, 3rd gear synchro was bad on it. I didn't feel like going that deep right off the bat. Finally I found one worth getting and its one of the RS's. What do you guys think I should start with? (other than a wash...)
    • Mar 28, 2018 6:16:17 pm
    Psytien wrote:
    Hey hey guys. I just picked up an 06 TC RS. I test drove a TC about a year ago and loved it; however, 3rd gear synchro was bad on it. I didn't feel like going that deep right off the bat. Finally I found one worth getting and its one of the RS's. What do you guys think I should start with? (other than a wash...)

hey Psytien, welcome to CSTC. You did right, I agree!! Not to buy that one with a 3rd gear syncro problem, you'd never be done with it until you rebuilt the entire trans! The manuals of those years had issues. Some did, some didn't. But the ones that did just kept giving problems over and over again.

hmmm what to start with? depends on your budget! lol. I don't think the RS came with a bigger rear sway bar. TRD still makes the rear sway bar upgrade, I've heard that is a really nice mod. Front strut tower brace will help the sunroof from creaking and it does tighten up the car even more. I remember people arguing in the beginning that the strut tower (front) wasn't needed because the strut towers were reinforced into the a-pillars. But they're still not tied together at the top of the towers!

there is no need for a rear strut tower brace. Toyota already included one welded into the structure of the rear floor pan! It's why you won't find aftermarket that has any today.

There's a couple of cheaper upgrades that helps in daily driving. Take a look around we have a lot of info going back 14 years to the beginning of Scion and the tC!
Tags: here newbie
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: