Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More New Member Introductions Threads
Viewing Thread

New to the club!

• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Sep 21, 2017 6:52:34 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by thatdieselguy94 on Sep 21, 2017 6:56:59am.
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol
    • Sep 22, 2017 2:11:40 am
    Hello thatdieselguy94,

Welcome to CStC!

MR_LUV

• Sep 29, 2017 1:04:34 am
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    Hey everybody! Me and my wife just picked up our first Scion tC last night, already in love with the car! It is a 2007 5 speed. Looking forward to throwing some decent mods on it in the upcoming months!

BTW does anyone know what are some good oil additives to run? I run REVx in my truck but I am unsure what to run in this car. I am trying to keep the oil nice and clean to prevent the oil burn off that I have been reading about lol

Welcome to the club. I will definitely keep an eye out for your build. Are you referring to the oil consumption problem? You might want to check with the dealer to see if they will warranty it. I want to say it's 10 yrs?
    • Sep 29, 2017 5:39:15 am
    yotagirl wrote:
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:

Welcome to the club. I will definitely keep an eye out for your build. Are you referring to the oil consumption problem? You might want to check with the dealer to see if they will warranty it. I want to say it's 10 yrs?

Yea that's what I was talking about lol. I'm thinking about that route, but the car is a 2007 so I am right there at the cutoff. I'm hoping that if I run some seafoam and oil additives it will help a little bit with it.
    • Oct 05, 2017 12:33:16 am
    I would try the dealer first. I believe it is the piston and rings that were the problem? If your car falls under it there's no charge. Never hurts to try.

Maybe someone that had it done can comment more about it.
    • Oct 07, 2017 6:20:47 pm
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:
    yotagirl wrote:
    thatdieselguy94 wrote:

Yea that's what I was talking about lol. I'm thinking about that route, but the car is a 2007 so I am right there at the cutoff. I'm hoping that if I run some seafoam and oil additives it will help a little bit with it.

Welcome to the club! Yotagirl is correct. It's a faulty piston ring setup that allows the oil to be burned. Additives won't help if your having the issue if your not having it by now, your good. What part of NC are you in?
    • Oct 19, 2017 6:32:17 pm
    I took my 2009 tc to Toyota in March 2017 and they fixed the problem under warranty. Now it doesn't burn oil at all. its been 5k miles and the oil level is still at what they left it at.
    • Oct 20, 2017 11:56:36 pm
    Awesome!! Glad to hear they fixed it, nothing like that peace of mind. My neighbor has a Camry with the problem. Her oil is completely gone by 3,000 miles. By the time she called Toyota they told her she was just out of the extension. Unfortunately I have failed at talking her into pushing harder to get it replaced. You can lead a horse to water right.
Tags: club new the to
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: