Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More New Member Introductions Threads
Viewing Thread

New Scion tC Owner

• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Dec 28, 2017 8:01:21 pm
    Hi! I just purchased my first Scion tC this afternoon. It's a dark blue, 2008 base model with custom exhaust and air intake. I don't know that I'll use this site too much, but I thought I'd make an account in case I needed some advice! Happy New year everyone!
    • Dec 29, 2017 12:47:33 am
    Starlord64 wrote:
    Hi! I just purchased my first Scion tC this afternoon. It's a dark blue, 2008 base model with custom exhaust and air intake. I don't know that I'll use this site too much, but I thought I'd make an account in case I needed some advice! Happy New year everyone!

woo hoo! congrats on your new tC!! Dont forget to look down by the drivebelt area, see if you observe what looks like salt/ice.. the 2008 did have a bad designed (Well 05-08 or so) water pump. Just letting you know so that the car won't overheat. Toyota did update the part but it didn't make it into the cars until late 08, which means the 09+ models.

Not to worry its just something to keep an eye on. Some have the issues (I did) some dont.

happy new year to you too! And lots of info here for you, definitely look around!
    • Dec 29, 2017 4:11:58 pm
    Thank you for the heads-up! I will definitely take a look at that.
    • Jan 01, 2018 2:25:28 am
    Starlord64 wrote:
    Thank you for the heads-up! I will definitely take a look at that.

hey you're welcome! And definitely search around the forum, lots and I mean A LOT of info going back to the beginning of scion in 2004!
    • Jan 02, 2018 9:22:35 am
    Starlord64 wrote:

Welcome to the club! Happy New Year!! If you have a good knowledge base about vehicles then you should stick around and help others. I am still learning and enjoy reading/learning about our TCs. You never know when you may be able to help someone in their car crisis or need someone for that head scratching problem.
Tags: new owner scion tc
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: