Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More New Member Introductions Threads
Viewing Thread

Howdy

• 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Aug 12, 2017 4:46:38 am
    N00b here. I just scored a good looking (mica?) 06 with 150k that somebody cheaply dumped and I couldn't pass on it considering my skills. I plan to get it stable and possibly sell it in a couple months. I'm a tacoma for life guy, and owned a solara, so I'm familiar with the motors. Seems like a great middle ground car. I've had tuners that include ser specv, wrx, msm, 240sx, and lastly a s2k.
    I'm not looking to beat Jonny Tran at Race Wars or do any canyon runs with it, but I see the value, practicality and fun in the design. The whole car seems really simple. Who knows, I might just love it enough to drive it for a year and work any kinks out and even the wife might like it.

While I love tuner cars, my go to these days is a truck and I'm on the hunt to replace my Taco with the X-Runner. Buying a house should come secondary to owning a truck. I love the SVT lightning, but ford and automatic and broken spark plugs make me pause. Tundra's, Raptors all nice, but I abhor car payments. I'd rather own a slow car than pay 500/mo for a "fast" daily driver.

What I'll be looking for next is which mods I can do that remain street legal enough as we have yearly inspections here. I wouldnt mind going the E/I/S route and maybe some stereo bits. For the cost and headaches of a turbo (considering the problems I've already read concerning the TRD s/c kit) I'm guessing those monies would be better spent buying something thats actually fast if speed is what you need. A miata or the s2k is probably more than enough for the average wrenchmonkeyspeedjunky if you live close enough to a track and want to keep your wallet from turning into a 5th-dimensional black hole of debt.

Anyway, hello from NC and I'll probably make a lot of annoying points, trolls and ask a lot of questions as I pour through the threads. Dont fear. I'm a professional.

J
    • Aug 12, 2017 5:54:29 am
    Welcome to the club!
    • Aug 12, 2017 7:05:38 am
    Are we allowed to talk about the club? If this is my first night at TC club, do I really have to fight somebody?
    • Aug 14, 2017 12:47:28 pm
    udelslayer wrote:
    Are we allowed to talk about the club? If this is my first night at TC club, do I really have to fight somebody?

since I'm a mod I will have to take you out back myself and "teach you" the ways of club scion tC! If you have to ask, then you will have to be made an "example" of.. but we welcome you to cstc! *whack* lol
    • Aug 14, 2017 4:37:27 pm
    • Edited 2 times, last by MR_LUV on Aug 14, 2017 4:44:09pm.
    udelslayer wrote:
    Are we allowed to talk about the club? If this is my first night at tC club, do I really have to fight somebody?

No, you are not allowed to talk about the Club. We are a Secret Society.

Yes, you will have to fight Mike Tyson tonight in the Main Event.

We will find out if you are a 'Professional'.

J/K

Welcome to CStC!

• Aug 14, 2017 8:53:36 pm
    LOL. Palahniuk is prophetic. Funny thing is that story takes place in Wilmington, Delaware - where I'm sort of from. I've lived in all 3 counties and its a small state. At least the mods have a sense of humor here. Is this the primary TC forum? I recently got the FSM recently and have yet to start exploring. I'll be diving into the car this week/weekend. The engine isnt running yet, but I have a suspicion that the fuel pump isnt operating. I just pulled and charged the new battery I already killed trying to start it lol. Its going to be a great week...well as soon as I clear enough floor space in the garage.

-It's about soap.
    • Aug 14, 2017 8:55:04 pm
    I am a professional, but that could be anything. Imaginations are awesome!
    • Aug 16, 2017 11:02:48 pm
    LOL glad to see you have a sense of humor also. Welcome to the club. So lets see this new TC. What mods are you thinking about?
    • Aug 16, 2017 11:29:01 pm
    udelslayer wrote:

Talk about the club? Hold up, I need to get my Louisville slugger out the hatch. You gone learn today. Lol
Tags: howdy
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: