Club Scion tC

Site DoS
It appears the site has been targeted by some not happy people and attempting to DoS us, causing some hellaciously slow page loading. We have banned most of Croatia/Russia for the time being! Apologies!
Forum Utilities
More Mobile Electronics Threads
Viewing Thread

Touch screen display

• 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 11, 2011 6:28:56 am
    well i searched "touch screen display" and it came up with no results and i dont know if thats what its actually called.

so i was wondering is it possible to fit like a touch screen that could display your itunes library and you could just scroll thru and touch what song you want?

ive seen it in cars before but they were big trucks, do they make monitors small enough for a tc?

where would i find one? how much? and how to install?
    thanks for any information

~Kronik
    • Apr 11, 2011 8:00:05 am
    get a double din dvd player. those are touch screen and you will be able to browse your library on your ipod.

strongest brand is clarion.
    • Apr 11, 2011 8:31:38 am
    Go to your local Car Toys. They'll be able to show you which Double Din units will fit in your car and which ones will do what you want.
    • Apr 11, 2011 9:44:08 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by Euphorian on Apr 11, 2011 9:45:18am.
    You can go to sonicelectronics.com
    They have a good selection and fast shipping

Don't forget you need a wiring harness- a metra dash adapter
    and a steering wheel control adapter if you have one
    • Apr 11, 2011 10:19:27 am
    pioneer avh-p4200dvd is a very good double din player that is a fairly reasonable price... i got mine on amazon for $350 but you'll need an ipod cable connector (NOT the one you plug you ipod into your computer with). On my headunit you can access your ipod library on the head-unit itself which is an awesome feature.

• Apr 11, 2011 12:02:42 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by ImmortaltC on Apr 11, 2011 12:03:36pm.
    Sonicelectronics is a good place.

Everyone has their own opinion of who makes the "best" stereo. I had a Clarion, and I sold it in 2 months. I have owned many Alpine units and loved em all. I now have a Kenwood and I love it too.

Ok, I know this last pic has nothing to do with the iPod, but I like it.
    • Apr 11, 2011 1:44:55 pm
    Be careful about Sonic Electronix. They aren't an authorized retailer for Pioneer. If you get a Pioneer unit from there they can deny warranty coverage.
    • Apr 11, 2011 3:05:16 pm
    thank you to everyone whoo has helped me out on this.
    • Apr 12, 2011 4:32:29 am
    www.crutchfield.com is also a good vendor. They also supply you with some free installation kits like cabling and such and you can use their Outfit my car feature to see what will fit your ride.
    • Apr 12, 2011 6:50:06 am
    yes crutchfield is a good place to buy from as well. But really we all have our different opinions on head units but in the end it's what you want. I would recommend going to your electronics store(Best Buy, etc.) and maybe if you have a local audio installation place and check them out in person just to make sure it's what you want. It's better to buy a head unit off of a hands on observation rather than seeing it online and have people tell you it's good. I wouldn't necessarily buy from those places because those prices at those places are usually way off, but just go in there and play around with the unit and find some of the features that you like and go from there. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    • Feb 12, 2017 12:06:05 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by lucasneil on Feb 12, 2017 12:06:45pm.
    If you are not familiar with touch screen technology for your car you are missing out on something special. It is the safest and easiest way by far to operate the car audio, built-in phone and the other entertainment in your vehicle. You can use the built-in phone, change a CD or even play a movie with a gentle touch of your fingertip. I have PIONEER AVH-X7800BT and I can easily suggest it. I found great and informational reviews about it before purchased from net .
    • May 22, 2018 10:03:11 am
    lucasneil wrote:
    If you are not familiar with touch screen technology for your car you are missing out on something special. It is the safest and easiest way by far to operate the car audio, built-in phone and the other entertainment in your vehicle. You can use the built-in phone, change a CD or even play a movie with a gentle touch of your fingertip. I have PIONEER AVH-X7800BT and I can easily suggest it. Best Cb Radio I found great and informational reviews about it before purchased from net .

Thanks Buddy. Firstly I would like to say that it was nice to see that you given such a good and relevant informative line you provide some good line as well.
    • May 23, 2018 5:53:04 am
    grave digger....lol
    • May 25, 2018 1:45:10 am
    are we at it again over here too?!! They're spreading! I'll have to get the troll-spray, got it on special too! lol
    • May 25, 2018 5:48:43 am
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    are we at it again over here too?!! They're spreading! I'll have to get the troll-spray, got it on special too! lol

lol
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: