Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2015 Scion tC transmission fluid

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2015 Scion tC automatic as a daily. Today after an oil change I saw that the transmission has a crack at the Bottom and is leaking transmission fluid. I was able to seal the crack, but I now need to refill the fluid. I assume that there is a plug to drain and a plug to fill right? My biggest questions are how many quarts of fluid does it take, and how many? Thank you!
    Sorry I mean to task what type of transmisiĆ³n fluid and how many quarts
    Rigo_s197 wrote:
    Sorry I mean to task what type of transmisiĆ³n fluid and how many quarts

atf fluid, it is most likely the WS standard from Toyota. Look at your dip stick of the auto trans, you'll see what type of fluid it requires. It's printed on a label. Earlier used a different type. On the earlier models you could only drain about 3.5qts from the pan, you would drain that, fill that amount, run that for a bit, drain and fill.. repeat the process about 4 times to clear out all the old automatic trans fluid.
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: