Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2012 tc ac problem

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    I bought a 2012 TC. Ac will not kick on. I replaced the pressure switch, pulled vacuum and recharged. Also replace the coolant temp switch and the Head unit in dash and also just installed the AC amplifier. The AC will turn on yet. My friend has a snap on Computer which will turn the system on and it will cool correctly but we cannot figure out why the system will not come on like it’s supposed to. All fuses checked. Any techs out there have any suggestions?
    Gvegas wrote:
    I bought a 2012 TC. Ac will not kick on. I replaced the pressure switch, pulled vacuum and recharged. Also replace the coolant temp switch and the Head unit in dash and also just installed the AC amplifier. The AC will turn on yet. My friend has a snap on Computer which will turn the system on and it will cool correctly but we cannot figure out why the system will not come on like it’s supposed to. All fuses checked. Any techs out there have any suggestions?

hmm.. only thing I could think of is two things actually. One.. do you even hear the click of the compressor when you engage the a/c? Push the a/c button, does it click?

If it doesn't... check the a/c relay. Might be bad.
    • Edited 2 times, last by jondo on .
    Hello. I understand you very well. I also had a difficult situation with the air conditioner. This happened last year, the air conditioner spontaneously turned off during prolonged operation. I tried to break it down, but it only made it worse. I was in a car service, I was given a price tag of $ 600. I was already desperate, until my friend advised me to turn to https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/chemical-wash/. If they hadn't fixed my air conditioner, I would have had health problems. Because I felt that it was already bad because the temperature was too high.
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on .
    yes I just did this with my own car, I was using the a/c safe brand foaming coil cleaner at home depot.

I had used it on my home central a/c unit (awesome cleaning!) and then tried it on the car. The dirt that accumulates on the a/c radiator (condenser) can act like a blanket and not allow the heat to be pumped out. An a/c system is nothing more than a heat pump that removes heat from inside the car and exhausts it out through the condenser (a/c radiator). If that isn't allowed to exhaust all the heat, it makes the a/c compressor work harder and the result is less cold air inside the cabin.

I'm a believer of cleaning the fins of both the a/c condenser (radiator) and the engine radiator! It really does help and makes a huge difference! I sprayed it on, let it sit as it dissolved the dirt, about five minutes, then rinsed it with some water (used a funnel and a pvc hose, low pressure). Now the a/c is bone cold at idle! I recommend that to anyone now that I've experimented with it!
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: