Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Stolen Key: Dealer wants $700 for new keys.

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    I have a question for everyone.
    ***The Background***
    The only key to my 07 Tc was stolen in a different state. Toyota requires 2 master keys to be purchased to program the car along with being vin cut.
    The problem is that comes out to ~$700.
    ***The Thought***
    If I bought a 07 ECU with ignition and key, would that swap work to get the car running. I understand the doors wouldnt unlock, but Im sure you can program that key to unlock the doors via the remote.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    TIA
    I had same problem but I lost my key. I called a mobile locksmith and for 80 dollars he came out and 20 minutes later I had a key. IT WAS JUST A REGULAR EVERYDAY KEY. I called Toyota and the were able to order me either the master or the spare with my VIN. master was outrageous but it wasn’t no 700 I think close to 200 but I ordered the CHIPPED spare for 140 BUT it was uncut and it was unprogramed. Once I received the uncut unprogrammed key I took that and the everyday ordinary key to a locksmith and the cut it for 7 bucks. Then went to YouTube and there are a couple showing how to program your key. My key works fine. It is a lot of steps but hey it’s way cheaper than 700
    I too have seen the method for programming new keys on YouTube and most people seem to have success with it. You can get a new programmable key on Amazon, have a locksmith cut it for you and then program it yourself.

I'm probably going to do this as I want a nice new key, mine looks old as sh** right now lol
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: