Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2007 scion tc alternator

• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Edited 1 times, last by We_Fancy on .
    Hi everyone,

I want to know what's the best route to go when replacing my alternator. I recently took my car to the dealership and they are charging me $675 to get my alternator replaced since it's bad, is that a good price? My alternative is to buy the alternator then take it to the dealership and have them install it for $200. Does anyone know a legit/reasonable website I can purchase the alternator or would it be best to just pay the $675 to the dealership? If I were to buy the alternator, what would be best to get a new or re-manufactured? Thanks in advance.
    trdsparks.com for new and rockauto.com for aftermarket
    trdsparks changed their website, it's sparksparts.com they're a genuine toyota dealer just with lower prices online.

Another brand to look at is TYC. I have their alternator on my project civic car, been working fine for a couple of years. Was not that expensive, great quality, and a lifetime warranty. I got mine from rockauto.com

The cheapest option would probably be TYC, but check rockauto and see for yourself.
    We_Fancy wrote:
    Hi everyone,

hey how many miles are on your 07 tC?
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    We_Fancy wrote:
    Hi everyone,

hey how many miles are on your 07 tC?

Roughly, 116k. Brought the car back in 2009.
    injapanonly wrote:
    trdsparks.com for new and rockauto.com for aftermarket

Thank you for the reply. I'll probably go the new alternator since the car is 10 years old with 116k mileages. Sorry for this noob question (I'm not much of a car person) but does the new alternator comes with all the pieces for installation or do I have to purchases the pulley, mount blot, and rotor with it?
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    trdsparks changed their website, it's sparksparts.com they're a genuine toyota dealer just with lower prices online.

Another brand to look at is TYC. I have their alternator on my project civic car, been working fine for a couple of years. Was not that expensive, great quality, and a lifetime warranty. I got mine from rockauto.com

The cheapest option would probably be TYC, but check rockauto and see for yourself.

Thank you for the reply. I probably buy a new alternator from sparksparts.com. I just hope the dealership won't BS saying that the alternator I brought isn't working properly, wreck the alternator or whatnot.
    We_Fancy wrote:
    Thank you for the reply. I probably buy a new alternator from sparksparts.com. I just hope the dealership won't BS saying that the alternator I brought isn't working properly, wreck the alternator or whatnot.

here's the link to sparks and your alternator. It's a remanufactured one, only way they come, it's $285. And yeah everything should be on the alternator (complete). They have denso re-manufacture them, since denso makes the original. Can always call sparks and ask them too. If you doubt what the dealer is telling you, you can always go to advance auto and they can test the alternator for ya. usually a multimeter with test probes on the negative and positive terminmals while the car is running will tell the voltage of the alternator. But if you're not a car person/technical then advance auto can do all that for free for ya. At least it keeps the dealer honest.

here's the part.. scroll down and you'll see the entry "alternator"
    http://www.sparksparts.co...rical-cat/alternator-scat
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    We_Fancy wrote:

here's the link to sparks and your alternator. It's a remanufactured one, only way they come, it's $285. And yeah everything should be on the alternator (complete). They have denso re-manufacture them, since denso makes the original. Can always call sparks and ask them too. If you doubt what the dealer is telling you, you can always go to advance auto and they can test the alternator for ya. usually a multimeter with test probes on the negative and positive terminmals while the car is running will tell the voltage of the alternator. But if you're not a car person/technical then advance auto can do all that for free for ya. At least it keeps the dealer honest.

here's the part.. scroll down and you'll see the entry "alternator"
    http://www.sparksparts.co...rical-cat/alternator-scat

Sounds good. Thank you for the support!
    hey you're welcome! let us know how it goes with the new alternator!! always nice to know the results.
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: