Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

P2195 code on my 2007 TC

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    hello all! I have a 2007 TC with 200k miles. Im getting the code P2195 02 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1. I changed the sensor with an aftermarket one. Cleared the code. However afetr 5 minutes of driving the car the code comes back on! So i dorve the car about 200miles or so this past week and cleared the code again and it still comes back after 5 minutes. Im stumped. i have no symptoms or any problem with the car, no rough idle, no stalling, the power seems good, the car runs pretty good in general. I need the code gone so i can pass inspection in my state. any help or ideas would be appreciated! thanks!
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on .
    mengle08 wrote:
    hello all! I have a 2007 TC with 200k miles. Im getting the code P2195 02 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 1. I changed the sensor with an aftermarket one. Cleared the code. However afetr 5 minutes of driving the car the code comes back on! So i dorve the car about 200miles or so this past week and cleared the code again and it still comes back after 5 minutes. Im stumped. i have no symptoms or any problem with the car, no rough idle, no stalling, the power seems good, the car runs pretty good in general. I need the code gone so i can pass inspection in my state. any help or ideas would be appreciated! thanks!

you may not like the answer I'm going to give you.. the sensor you bought could be defective being brand new. It's happened to me on other cars I've owned. You cannot just throw any brand of 02 sensor on a Toyota and expect it to work.

You need to test the air/fuel ratio sensor, that's the name of the primary o2 sensor on the tC.

When looking at the wiring plug on the sensor, there are four pins. Hold the plug with the two tabs each at the left and upper side. The one tab (holding) should be at the bottom (6 oclock position). The upper right pin is #1, the upper left pin is #2, lower right is number #3 and lower left is #4
    To inspect the sensor.. use a multimeter set to ohms and measure these resistances.

Standard:
    Tester Connection Specified Condition
    Between #1 pin and #2 should be between 1.8 to 3.4 Ohms at 68 deg Fahrenheit (20deg Celsius)
    Between #1 and #4 pins it should read 10k Ohms or higher

Let's say it measures out correctly.. Then using an ob2 scanner with Mode 6, see if the 02 sensor passes the test, it will have a value and you compare that with the min and max values given.

If that all passes, then you need to look at other reasons of what causes the code you're getting, and from what I've dug up, it includes..

Malfunctioning fuel injector
    Vacuum leaks
    Fuel pressure too low
    Debris in Mass Airflow Sensor
    Exhaust leak

so there's your homework to check out.. but first test that o2 sensor see if it's bad, brand new..
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: