Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2015 scion tc transmission fluid issue

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hey, so I have a 2015 Scion TC with a manual transmission. I've had the car for about a month now and am looking to change the transmission oil for the gearbox since the odometer is at around 60,000 miles. the first problem I am having is that the transmission does not have a dip stick to either check/refill the oil once it's drained. what can I do to either install one or access to the filling area??
    zombiefreak239 wrote:
    Hey, so I have a 2015 Scion TC with a manual transmission. I've had the car for about a month now and am looking to change the transmission oil for the gearbox since the odometer is at around 60,000 miles. the first problem I am having is that the transmission does not have a dip stick to either check/refill the oil once it's drained. what can I do to either install one or access to the filling area??

hey zombie.. there is no dipstick with a manual transmission. You drain the manual trans oil, then reinstall that drain plug. You fill it up in the top hole (take off the plug of course) and when the oil begins to seep out, you're full! You stick your finger in the hole and feel the oil level, should be even with the bottom of the hole. That's typically how it's been on all manual transmission cars I've owned.
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    hey zombie.. there is no dipstick with a manual transmission. You drain the manual trans oil, then reinstall that drain plug. You fill it up in the top hole (take off the plug of course) and when the oil begins to seep out, you're full! You stick your finger in the hole and feel the oil level, should be even with the bottom of the hole. That's typically how it's been on all manual transmission cars I've owned.

So I have looked in the engine bay for the transmission plug entrance but couldn't find one, is it underneath the car by the exhaust pipes??

sorry I am new to car repair/changes to even the most basic of things. Thank you for your patience
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: