Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2006 Scion TC/Clutch

• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    I bought this car for my daughter and she absolutely loves it. Her TC has 87k on it and just recently we had our first major issue. The car will start and the clutch feels normal as far as pressure pressing in and releasing it. The car will go into gear but not matter what gear your in you have to redline it to get it to barely move. Can someone let me know if it's the clutch or could it be something else? Please Help!
    Bc the pressure feels right, then it most likely is the cluth itself. But test it while.driving and go up a hill at about 30 mph in 5th. If the rpms climb but you dont really keep momentum then it is the clutch. I was thinking slave or master cylinder for the clutch, but the pedal would feel off.
    Web wrote:
    Bc the pressure feels right, then it most likely is the cluth itself. But test it while.driving and go up a hill at about 30 mph in 5th. If the rpms climb but you dont really keep momentum then it is the clutch. I was thinking slave or master cylinder for the clutch, but the pedal would feel off.
    ^^ What he said. My girlfriend's car had the same issue AND the her pedal had no pressure. We had to change both clutch cylinders as well as the clutch to get it to work right. Get the clutch replaced but have the flywheel resurfaced as it probably is ok.
    Thank you for the info.
    tmobley wrote:
    Thank you for the info.

Good luck, and kudos to you for getting your daughter started on a manual.
    Well I had the same problem with my tC I thought it was the clutch to till i felt the wheel heat it turned out my break caliper was seized, after the $80 part it ran fine and I took the old one back and got $26 bucks back
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: