Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2006 TC brakes

• 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hi guy got this 06 scion tc I have replaced all four rotors and pads all the way around ended up having to put platinum pads on the rear after a month of changing them but now 3 or 4 weeks later they are squeaking again. What could this be the wheel bearing feel tight not wiggling iv trying to avoid the e-brake pads. Just don't want to mess with them. Got this car in October a d have put over 700$$ in it. No mods just replacing parts.
    Cody1991k wrote:
    Hi guy got this 06 scion tc I have replaced all four rotors and pads all the way around ended up having to put platinum pads on the rear after a month of changing them but now 3 or 4 weeks later they are squeaking again. What could this be the wheel bearing feel tight not wiggling iv trying to avoid the e-brake pads. Just don't want to mess with them. Got this car in October a d have put over 700$$ in it. No mods just replacing parts.

squealing is because you need to coat the back of the pad with a thin layer of grease. I use the ceramic solids at napa, extreme temp grease. Then put the shim back on. yup replacing parts is actually awesome on this car, just needs maintenance. But once you give it that required maintenance is works for a long time.

try the grease I am talking about at napa. it's purple grease, works great! Remember.. THIN layer, you don't need a lot..
    • Edited 1 times, last by backroad101 on .
    This may be unique to me and rare but check your dust shields. When I first bought my tC last year, I had a rear squeak. Without checking I bought all new pads. Went to replace and all the pads looked pretty new. Come to find out the rear passenger dust shield was scrapping on the inside of the rotor. I took the wheel off and spun the rotor listening for where is was scrapping. Not sure how it got bent that way but 2 min with a hammer and I was good to go.
    I greased them and everything was good but its squeaking/ grinding again. But I'll try and get some that gease your talking about. Thanks.
    Cody1991k wrote:
    I greased them and everything was good but its squeaking/ grinding again. But I'll try and get some that gease your talking about. Thanks.

hey you're welcome! I just installed new pads on my tC and it's squeaking too! A very high pitched squeal, very faint. I looked at them through the wheels and the aftermarket shim is already rusting! WOW.. 4 months?!

So you might want to look at the shims to see if they're rusted, if so, that's not full metal anymore and the thickness is reduced. Shims are for noise reduction. I'm replacing mine with the Toyota shims, called a "Toyota brake fitment" if you go looking for it. But thought I'd mention I found mine began to squeal too, but only the ones with the rusted shim.
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: