Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2012 scion tc won't crank

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hi all,

My water pump went out and as I was getting to it, I didn't disconnect the battery. Well I was a little shocked when the hot wire on the alternator grounded out. I then disconnected the battery and continued. Skip forward to starting the car....I got lights etc but the car won't crank. I thought it might be the key
    but when I had someone come out to program me a new one, they didn't get any response from the computer. I checked with my own reader and it wasn't getting any information from the computer. It seems that I need a new computer but before I pay for one I wanted to see if anyone here had seen the same problem.

Thanks a million.
    check the main relays in the fuse box under the hood, could've fried one of them..
    Well, it's the fusible link. I must have blown it when the hot wire from the alternator grounded out.....make sure you pull the battery terminals when digging in folks. $40 at the Toyota dealer.
    henbad wrote:
    Well, it's the fusible link. I must have blown it when the hot wire from the alternator grounded out.....make sure you pull the battery terminals when digging in folks. $40 at the Toyota dealer.

glad to hear you found the problem and it wasn't as bad as it could be! Thanks for the update.
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: