Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

2010 Scion tC no power, won't start

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Edited 1 times, last by Mganhs on .
    I went to the store today, after about 45 minutes, I walked out, used the key fob to unlock the door, and after that I had absolutely no power to my car. I've checked the main fuse, and it's good, it was too dark to check the others. I tried to jump it, and still no power at all. When I came to pick it up today, the door lock worked, lights turned on, but when I turned the key, I heard a click like from a relay and then no power. I've tested all the fuse continuity, and all the fuses are good. The fuse box under the hood shows voltage, like 1-3 volts on a few different fuses. Any ideas as to what it could possibly be? Haven't had any other issues until this. I've checked the battery connection and they're good, plus it's a new battery. I just drove it night before and had no issues. I've been told to look for the fuseable link, but I can't find any real solid info on it. I don't want to take it to a shop because I don't have them money. I'm a like mechanically inclined, and I can do basic stereo installs, so I kind of know a little but, about a few things, but I've never heard of, or seen this before.
    Mganhs wrote:
    I went to the store today, after about 45 minutes, I walked out, used the key fob to unlock the door, and after that I had absolutely no power to my car. I've checked the main fuse, and it's good, it was too dark to check the others. I tried to jump it, and still no power at all. When I came to pick it up today, the door lock worked, lights turned on, but when I turned the key, I heard a click like from a relay and then no power. I've tested all the fuse continuity, and all the fuses are good. The fuse box under the hood shows voltage, like 1-3 volts on a few different fuses. Any ideas as to what it could possibly be? Haven't had any other issues until this. I've checked the battery connection and they're good, plus it's a new battery. I just drove it night before and had no issues. I've been told to look for the fuseable link, but I can't find any real solid info on it. I don't want to take it to a shop because I don't have them money. I'm a like mechanically inclined, and I can do basic stereo installs, so I kind of know a little but, about a few things, but I've never heard of, or seen this before.

here's what everyone always does, they assume their "new" battery is ok. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. Have it load tested at advance auto, why them? Because autozone only uses a green light as pass.. what a joke! Advance uses the midtronics tester much more accurate. Check the battery first with a load test. Sounds like a bad battery cell.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: