Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Trans Issue?

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Nov 03, 2018 9:19:58 am
    Just bought a 2011 scion tc with 105k miles for a pretty good deal for what I got with it. But recently When first starting the car after a while, maybe 4-12 hours. It won't let me go into first. I don't push very hard but hard enough to where if I was driving it it would go in. It will only let me put it in first when I've moved into another gear doesn't matter as to which. After that it lets me put it in first. Wondering if this is a trans issue or not. Also when the car is in gear but I'm holding in the clutch the car makes a sound like gears are running in the transmission. When I take it out of gear it won't do this, only in gear and its all the time. I'd like to know if these are issues I should be worried about or not. I still have warranty on the car but only for a little and would like to know before it runs out.
    • Nov 07, 2018 10:29:14 am
    SYNxGAMER wrote:
    Just bought a 2011 scion tc with 105k miles for a pretty good deal for what I got with it. But recently When first starting the car after a while, maybe 4-12 hours. It won't let me go into first. I don't push very hard but hard enough to where if I was driving it it would go in. It will only let me put it in first when I've moved into another gear doesn't matter as to which. After that it lets me put it in first. Wondering if this is a trans issue or not. Also when the car is in gear but I'm holding in the clutch the car makes a sound like gears are running in the transmission. When I take it out of gear it won't do this, only in gear and its all the time. I'd like to know if these are issues I should be worried about or not. I still have warranty on the car but only for a little and would like to know before it runs out.

please use the search on this website for synchro or synchronizers.. it is is a known issue on the 1st gen tC. You will have to rebuild the trans, and no it's no longer under toyota's warranty. If you have some 3rd party, then hope they actually pay. But that's what's going on with your trans.
Tags: issue trans
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: