Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Third brake light fuse location

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Aug 25, 2018 12:00:43 pm
    Can someone tell me which fuse is for the third brake light? I have forgotten what Scion actually calls the third brake lihjt. I don't see an abbreviation that makes sense to me. I believe I have checked it before and it was in the fuse box under the hood, but can't remember which one it is. I'd really appreciate any help! The light isn't working and I want to make sure it's not just a fuse. Probably wishful thinking, but worth a shot.
    • Aug 29, 2018 9:49:00 am
    Zcruiser wrote:
    Can someone tell me which fuse is for the third brake light? I have forgotten what Scion actually calls the third brake lihjt. I don't see an abbreviation that makes sense to me. I believe I have checked it before and it was in the fuse box under the hood, but can't remember which one it is. I'd really appreciate any help! The light isn't working and I want to make sure it's not just a fuse. Probably wishful thinking, but worth a shot.

hey zcruiser, nice to see ya back on our forum. Look under the dash at the interior fuse box, it's on the bottom row called STOP, it's a 10A fuse. It controls the brake lights including the 3rd brake light.

I had my 3rd brake light (Factory) go out on me. I bought an oznium third brake light where all the lights illuminate not just the middle 6 spaces. Oznium doesn't make them anymore, but you can still find plenty on ebay and probably amazon.

Yeah it's wishful thinking it's just the fuse.. wasn't that way with mine. To get the 3rd brake light out, you have to remove all the hatch interior trim, then the hatch button (the one that can break off if you use it as a handle), then the 3rd brake light. If you need tools to remove the hatch panel, harbor freight sells a nice nylon trim removal tool kit for like $5-7.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: