Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Power Problem HELP

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Feb 12, 2018 4:05:56 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by cs9262 on Feb 12, 2018 4:06:45pm.
    Help Help!

I’m having issues with my 2015 Scion tC. I have replaced the battery, the stock alternator for a Denso OEM Remanufactured, and im still having steering trouble, power flickering when I turn or turn on anything in the car, and when I use my turn signal my footwell lights flicker immediately.

I had the footwell installed 2 years ago at the same dealership I bought the car.

Does anyone have a suggestion, idea, experience, knowledge, or even recommendation as to what it can be and what I can do?

Please and thank you.
    • Feb 13, 2018 3:54:18 pm
    cs9262 wrote:
    Help Help!

I’m having issues with my 2015 Scion tC. I have replaced the battery, the stock alternator for a Denso OEM Remanufactured, and im still having steering trouble, power flickering when I turn or turn on anything in the car, and when I use my turn signal my footwell lights flicker immediately.

I had the footwell installed 2 years ago at the same dealership I bought the car.

Does anyone have a suggestion, idea, experience, knowledge, or even recommendation as to what it can be and what I can do?

Please and thank you.

your first statement was where you should begin looking. The footwell lights are flickering when you hit the turn signals. Not supposed to be sharing power. Examine the work this dealer did to your car. I bet they screwed it up under the dash.

And usually the alternator can make about 100k miles before it needs to be replaced. This is definitely a wiring issue inside the car. I bet you didn't have this problem before they put the footwell lights in.. I would remove those footwell lights and then repair the wiring. It's causing a short to the entire electrical system! Wow..
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: