Club Scion tC

Site DoS
It appears the site has been targeted by some not happy people and attempting to DoS us, causing some hellaciously slow page loading. We have banned most of Croatia/Russia for the time being! Apologies!
Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

No power, no crank, battery is fine

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 17, 2018 8:21:39 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Lilsaint87 on May 17, 2018 8:26:44pm.
    Needed tires on my car had it towed to get all new tires on it. There was not one problem with it until my tires were slashed. It's been about 2 weeks since it's been started. Well when I started my car I had to push my clutch in all the way to the ground for it to crank over. Well the tire guys couldn't start my car and I thought that they just didn't realize my clutch needed to be pushed in so far. But when I got there and tried it, I literally have no power to anything. We had a jumper box hooked up and still nothing. Their mechanic said he thinks it may be the switch from the clutch that went out, and they was so busy that he couldn't take the time to diagnose it. Well that guy took off an hour early and I was informed that he took a week off of work so he won't be back until Tuesday. Well they are charging me storage fees cause I cannot move my car which is messed up cause their mechanic took off and I'm running low on funds and can't really afford to pay the storage fees for however long he is gone then pay him to diagnose the problem, the labor, and the part. Someone pls help. My uncle said to cut the wires to the switch and connect them together so I would never have to push in my clutch to start the car. But Google said it was dangerous. So my girl won't allow me to try that. So I'm stuck with scratching my head. It's a 2006 Scion tc manual transmission and 160k almost 170k miles.
    • May 18, 2018 7:06:50 am
    I used to have an 07 automatic. At one point it did the same thing. no power, no crank but battery was good. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't starting only to find out I had a blown brake light fuse and a busted brake light bulb that caused it from starting.
    • May 22, 2018 2:57:39 am
    Lilsaint87 wrote:
    Needed tires on my car had it towed to get all new tires on it. There was not one problem with it until my tires were slashed. It's been about 2 weeks since it's been started. Well when I started my car I had to push my clutch in all the way to the ground for it to crank over. Well the tire guys couldn't start my car and I thought that they just didn't realize my clutch needed to be pushed in so far. But when I got there and tried it, I literally have no power to anything. We had a jumper box hooked up and still nothing. Their mechanic said he thinks it may be the switch from the clutch that went out, and they was so busy that he couldn't take the time to diagnose it. Well that guy took off an hour early and I was informed that he took a week off of work so he won't be back until Tuesday. Well they are charging me storage fees cause I cannot move my car which is messed up cause their mechanic took off and I'm running low on funds and can't really afford to pay the storage fees for however long he is gone then pay him to diagnose the problem, the labor, and the part. Someone pls help. My uncle said to cut the wires to the switch and connect them together so I would never have to push in my clutch to start the car. But Google said it was dangerous. So my girl won't allow me to try that. So I'm stuck with scratching my head. It's a 2006 Scion tc manual transmission and 160k almost 170k miles.

so?? what's the update on your car??
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: