Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Hellp idle bouncing when I stop

• 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
    • Feb 11, 2018 6:00:40 am
    Hi gays
    MY Scion Tc 2006 automatic a have strange symptoms.First problem it bouncing idle when stops car every time .I drive slowly when Im stop idle go down normal but not stay and again grow up to 1200rmps.I must wait when idle fall down And then I can move gently run again.Im check.everything all clean throtlle body its work open and close when I push pedal gas .Next problem lack power dont feel acceleration reaction on pedal gas is low .one day its good another day bad .no check engine ?
    • Feb 12, 2018 12:02:44 am
    Martin33 wrote:
    Hi gays
    MY Scion Tc 2006 automatic a have strange symptoms.First problem it bouncing idle when stops car every time .I drive slowly when Im stop idle go down normal but not stay and again grow up to 1200rmps.I must wait when idle fall down And then I can move gently run again.Im check.everything all clean throtlle body its work open and close when I push pedal gas .Next problem lack power dont feel acceleration reaction on pedal gas is low .one day its good another day bad .no check engine ?

if the throttle body is clean, and we're talking BOTH sides of the throttle plate, including the idle air hole on the other side of the plate (Towards the intake manifold).

then a MAF sensor that is dirty can cause odd idle issues.. check that.. then used CRC's brand of MAF sensor cleaner.. be careful with the dental floss looking wires when you spray.. go gently a couple of times, and clean the amber bulb sensor too.. let dry, reinstall. try that..
    • Feb 12, 2018 1:27:31 am
    MAF air flow sensor also cleaned,so I need a point of attachment what is responsible for this jump idle ,the problem arose after cleaning I start the car and idle gone max idle And so they stayed, well I reconnect the battery to reset ECM and everything returned to normal ok but they started problem with jump idles and engine he stopped react on reseting computer do not learn idle . I have not found anywhere that the same problem thTs sick ..pleas hellp..lack power when I hard press pedal gas ,bad reaction on pedal gas ,jump idle when stop,
    it must be binding into unity

• Feb 12, 2018 6:17:25 am
    hmm.. only other thing that I could think of would be a defective throttle body. If the tps sensor in the throttle body motor isn't correct it could cause the problems you're describing. In other words, no explanation for this erratic behavior.. First it's ok, then it's not, then it's ok.. then the rpms just go up and down on their own.. etc..

I know Toyota did update the throttle body part so it has been changed since the original. Another symptom is how you're slow to have the throttle react to your input on the gas pedal. That points directly at the throttle body motor since the tC is "drive by wire", no mechanical connection between gas pedal and throttle plate.
    I know when my throttle body was gummed up/dirty, it caused the throttle plate to stick, ecu didn't know what to do, car stalled... NO CEL! So it's quite possible to have a bad throttle body and no CEL.

Might want to look at getting another throttle body and trying that out. Others have had issues with the throttle body, even got one from a junkyard car worked fine after that. I think it's previous owners ignoring routine cleaning and then dirt works its way down deep into the throttle plate motor and messes it up. after that it's over.
    • Feb 12, 2018 7:40:54 am
    • Edited 2 times, last by Martin33 on Feb 12, 2018 7:53:17am.
    I long time ago replemance throttle body from toyota rav4 thats the same throttle it was the same problem
    ???
    the worst is to
    that this problem has been going on for two years And no progress.the worst is the lack of power

A friend told me check pressure fuel but I dont think that it is fuel because engine start perfect any time and work good.meyby you now how symptoms gives fuel line ,computer see error code??when something wrong with fuel line??

I wonder all the time over position pedal gas sensor ,throttle body dont have tps sensor because its full electric but when I press pedal gas on ignition dont start throttle reaction is good??
    • Feb 12, 2018 10:00:36 am
    that's interesting, why didn't you mention you had swapped the throttle body. Lots of info being left out here.. It might be best if you took it to a good mechanic and they could find out more info. Only so much you can diagnose over the internet.
    • Feb 12, 2018 10:21:34 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by Martin33 on Feb 12, 2018 10:24:23am.

Sorry I forgot ))) heeh
    Yes I now but mechanic in my country nots good they are connecting tester computer and say everything ok because there is no code error ,scion tc is american toyota not europe car .Meybe someone ask or you mechanics on advice ,sion is very popular car in USA , I have been many times in USA
    massachusetts Boston ,NY now I live in Poland my county :p well sorry for my english hehe
    • Feb 12, 2018 11:02:11 am
    Martin33 wrote:
    Sorry I forgot ))) heeh
    Yes I now but mechanic in my country nots good they are connecting tester computer and say everything ok because there is no code error ,scion tc is american toyota not europe car .Meybe someone ask or you mechanics on advice ,sion is very popular car in USA , I have been many times in USA
    massachusetts Boston ,NY now I live in Poland my county :p well sorry for my english hehe

So you moved your tC to Poland, awesome! I bet a lot of people have never seen that before! Actually they have but it's called the Avensis. Except no one has seen a 2 door avensis!

Ok now I understand why you're asking questions, because the mechanic in your area/country hasn't had to work on a tC before. I don't know if you get the same engine over there, the 2az-fe engine. Over here it's used in the Camry, Rav4.

Engines are the same all over the world. Fuel, air, spark. You could test the fuel pressure but I have never heard of a fuel pump that causes your kind of problem. It could be the sensors in the gas pedal (there are two, main and a backup). But I keep thinking it's the throttle body.

Here's an idea.. Open up the rubber intake tube from the throttle body throat. Have someone turn the key to the ON position, but do not start the car. have them push the gas pedal 25% down, then 50% down, then to the floor. And watch the throttle plate. See if it hesitates in its movement.

Next thing, with the tube off, have them start the car. At idle, see if the throttle plate is moving on its own without input from the gas pedal.

You can connect a scanner to the car, look at the live data. See if the TPS (throttle position sensor) % is moving on its own without touching the gas pedal. You will need to diagnose the gas pedal sensors.. I don't know what that procedure is right now.

But at least I could give you some information to help you diagnose and/or eliminate some ideas.

And thank you for explaining about your language, I was able to understand what you are saying.
    • Feb 13, 2018 5:12:08 am
    Thanks for answer. I checked a simple obd2 tester elm327 and he see position throttlw plate on ignision(not start ) 15% -86% full open .But I dont know how it works while driving. When I run on the hot engine ,reaction on pedal gas Is better but when run on cold engine frozen temperature reaction it's worse ..magic magic symptoms .
    Do you have now scion tc or another car

??
    • Feb 13, 2018 3:42:54 pm
    Martin33 wrote:
    Thanks for answer. I checked a simple obd2 tester elm327 and he see position throttlw plate on ignision(not start ) 15% -86% full open .But I dont know how it works while driving. When I run on the hot engine ,reaction on pedal gas Is better but when run on cold engine frozen temperature reaction it's worse ..magic magic symptoms .
    Do you have now scion tc or another car

??

I will have to check the service manual to find the specification for the throttle %, but that does sound correct. I dont think fully open is 100%, but I will check and post up that specification later for you.

It should be the same when driving, would not be different.

The gas pedal sensor would not be affected by the engine being cold or hot. That is why I keep thinking it is the throttle body, since that is affected by the engine being cold and hot. you are correct in your joking.. "magic magic magic symptoms" lol

I do have the scion tC and a 1996 Honda Civic called "project civic". The tC is currently in storage while I was working on the civic. The civic is now mostly complete except for body work. The tC I will be working on in the next couple weeks to get that out of storage and back driving it.

I was also talking about the Avensis because in Europe you have that Toyota. In 2004-2005 that Avensis is what the tC is based off of.
    • Feb 13, 2018 11:58:06 pm
    I KNOW a part engine sensor from camry solara prus corolla rav4 but avenssis T25 all suspension.Im noticed when I let go pedal gas idle they fall with a delay 2 seconds,it must have a connection symptoms,I think that is pedal sensor but can not buy it thats parts in Poland shop .In USA thats part have funny price
    • Feb 15, 2018 3:55:57 pm
    Martin33 wrote:
    I KNOW a part engine sensor from camry solara prus corolla rav4 but avenssis T25 all suspension.Im noticed when I let go pedal gas idle they fall with a delay 2 seconds,it must have a connection symptoms,I think that is pedal sensor but can not buy it thats parts in Poland shop .In USA thats part have funny price

I did check the service manual I have and it reads for the throttle position percentage. I think you said that the gas pedal to the floor was 86% that is within the specification. But the valve fully closed you said it was at 15%, notice that that is the maximum value for a fully closed throttle plate. 16% is maximum.

"Between 6% and 16%: Throttle valve fully closed
    Between 64% and 98%: Throttle valve fully open"

You should have received a CEL (Check engine light) if any of these fall outside the specifications. A 2 second delay from pushing the gas pedal to engine reacting is not normal. It is normally at the same time.

Also.. the service manual says there IS a throttle position sensor in the throttle body. here's a quote from the manual.

"The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is mounted on the throttle body, and detects the opening angle of the throttle valve....As the valve closes, the sensor output voltage decreases and as the valve opens, the sensor output voltage increases. The ECM calculates the throttle valve opening angle according to these signals and controls the throttle actuator in response to driver inputs. These signals are also used in calculations such as air-fuel ratio correction, power increase correction and fuel-cut control"

You could check the pedal sensors, there are two. And make sure they are not dirty.
    • Feb 16, 2018 2:42:46 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on Feb 16, 2018 5:43:19am.
    Hello I have new problem Im broke yesterday oxygon sensor o2 I twisted to. CLean and install but when the start car check.engine P0031 heater o2 f***.f***.f*** do know what model from the toyota-lexus oxygen sensor fit to scion tc because orginal is very expensive in my country
    • Feb 16, 2018 2:49:52 am
    Maybe just thats oxygen sensor responds to all symptoms and now I have finished it.can Im drive without a heater oxygen sensor??????
    • Feb 16, 2018 5:42:38 am
    Martin33 wrote:
    Maybe just thats oxygen sensor responds to all symptoms and now I have finished it.can Im drive without a heater oxygen sensor??????

the primary o2 is called the air/fuel ratio sensor. And it could cause sluggish responses from the engine. I have seen that before with other vehicles. How is the throttle response now that the o2 sensor has gone bad? Has it changed?

I looked up the part, you can also get the Denso brand part, should be the same part as the Toyota one.. Denso part 234-9041 about $100 american over here. Look around and see if you can find that part there

The Toyota part number for the upstream o2 sensor, also called the air fuel sensor is 89467-33080. Search for that part in your country, the Camry uses this same part in USA. Should be the same over there if it's the 2az-fe engine.
    • Feb 16, 2018 11:20:03 am
    Thanks
    I do not see any change while driving,thats the same symptoms as before but check engine light .o2 working but heater in o2 not .p0031 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1

• Feb 17, 2018 9:41:48 am
    Martin33 wrote:
    Thanks
    I do not see any change while driving,thats the same symptoms as before but check engine light .o2 working but heater in o2 not .p0031 Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1

correct the heater in the o2 sensor is what enables the o2 sensor to operate correctly. Without that heater, the o2 sensor will not give the correct info/data to the computer/ECU. That is why the o2 sensor is not working correctly. It's all part of the operation of the o2. Hopefully you can locate this part in your country. It should not be difficult, ask your local toyota dealer and provide them with the part number I posted. Ask if they can order that part.
    • Feb 18, 2018 11:15:20 am
    • Edited 2 times, last by Martin33 on Feb 18, 2018 11:25:25am.
    I can buy o2 sensor orginal for toyota previa 2.4 -rav4 2000-2005 year part number 89467-28010 but I'm not sure will it be fit to scion tc ,I find on ebay models compatibile from toyota. Can you ask dealer or autozone to make sure .thats the some engine 2.4

TOYOTA AVENSIS VERSO (_CLM2_, _ACM2_) (Year of Construction 08.2001 - 11.2009, 150 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA CAMRY Saloon (_XV4_) (Year of Construction 01.2006 - 09.2011, 158 - 167 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA PREVIA (MCR3_, ACR3_, CLR3_) (Year of Construction 08.2000 - 01.2006, 156 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA PREVIA III (ACR5_, GSR5_) (Year of Construction 10.2005 - ..., 170 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA RAV 4 II (CLA2_, XA2_, ZCA2_, ACA2_) (Year of Construction 06.2000 - 11.2005, 150 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA RAV 4 III (ACA3_, ACE_, ALA3_, GSA3_, ZSA3_) (Year of Construction 11.2005 - ..., 152 - 170 PS, Petrol

• Feb 19, 2018 8:47:59 am
    • Edited 2 times, last by sciontc_mich on Feb 19, 2018 8:55:41am.
    Martin33 wrote:
    I can buy o2 sensor orginal for toyota previa 2.4 -rav4 2000-2005 year part number 89467-28010 but I'm not sure will it be fit to scion tc ,I find on ebay models compatibile from toyota. Can you ask dealer or autozone to make sure .thats the some engine 2.4

TOYOTA AVENSIS VERSO (_CLM2_, _ACM2_) (Year of Construction 08.2001 - 11.2009, 150 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA CAMRY Saloon (_XV4_) (Year of Construction 01.2006 - 09.2011, 158 - 167 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA PREVIA (MCR3_, ACR3_, CLR3_) (Year of Construction 08.2000 - 01.2006, 156 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA PREVIA III (ACR5_, GSR5_) (Year of Construction 10.2005 - ..., 170 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA RAV 4 II (CLA2_, XA2_, ZCA2_, ACA2_) (Year of Construction 06.2000 - 11.2005, 150 PS, Petrol)
    TOYOTA RAV 4 III (ACA3_, ACE_, ALA3_, GSA3_, ZSA3_) (Year of Construction 11.2005 - ..., 152 - 170 PS, Petrol

I found out that the Toyota part for o2, air/fuel sensor has been updated with a newer part number. 89467-06030. This is the correct part for the tC.

I checked your part number, it has been replaced by 89467-72010. I have looked at the images of both parts. the 72010 part is NOT the same. Looking at the tip of the o2 sensor is a different shape than the 06030. I would not use that part.

have you looked for the denso brand part? It should work since Denso is the supplier of o2 sensors to Toyota.. Denso part 234-9041

EDIT: I am now confused.. lol. Looking at the Denso part, comparing it to the 72010 toyota part. The tip of the o2 sensor looks the same! I guess you could try and get the denso part first. IF you cannot, then try the toyota part in europe. But I would go for the new Toyota part number, not the old number that you had. Toyota updated the part, when they do that it is because the old part had a problem.
    • Feb 19, 2018 9:13:07 am
    • Edited 1 times, last by sciontc_mich on Feb 19, 2018 9:13:57am.
    EDIT: UPDATE!

I searched Denso Europe for you. I found the 2az-fe engine (2.4L) used in the 2001-2006 Camry in Europe. And Denso does have a part! Denso part DOX-0242.

It SHOULD work. Only difference between the tC part and the Euro Camry part was the cable/wiring length was short by 2mm. I don't think that is enough to stop you from connecting this sensor. The Camry part was short by 2mm.. Camry part is 510mm and tC is 512mm.

But at least I found this!!

• 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Jump to Forum: