Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Grinding and no acceleration in every gear (incl. reverse)

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 22, 2017 10:13:31 am
    Having trouble with my 1st Gen tC, went over a bad bump on my road the other day and lost power to my wheels and all i hear in every gear now is grinding, when i towed it back home i tried it again, i let the clutch out and i can feel it catch but it only lasted for split second and starts grinding again, that happens in every gear including reverse. I'm wondering what would be a likely subject between something in the transmission to differential to my cv joints. Any advice is much appreciated.
    • Apr 22, 2017 6:18:21 pm
    GriZFreeman wrote:
    Having trouble with my 1st Gen tC, went over a bad bump on my road the other day and lost power to my wheels and all i hear in every gear now is grinding, when i towed it back home i tried it again, i let the clutch out and i can feel it catch but it only lasted for split second and starts grinding again, that happens in every gear including reverse. I'm wondering what would be a likely subject between something in the transmission to differential to my cv joints. Any advice is much appreciated.

That must have been one hell of a bump to hit that it would cause damage to the axles/transmission/driveline! You should get under the car and see if the axles are still connected to the transmission. As far as the grinding, the clutch could've failed and it's not stopping the gears properly to allow you to shift without grinding. The 1st gen manuals did have a lot of problems, but yours sounds like the clutch. Have to take it apart and find out what happened, only thing right now is a lot of guessing until you take it apart. Most mechanics would say the same thing.
    • Apr 25, 2017 8:46:24 am
    Now that's a serious bump. Yeah that's definitely gonna need a transmission tear down to find the cause. Probably gonna be expensive.
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: