Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Engine idling to low

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Aug 06, 2017 5:47:23 pm
    So I just got my pistons and rings replaced because my car (2009 tc) failed its oil consumption test and the engine was still covered under warranty. Well after that was completed I noticed my car shaking while stopped at a light or parked and idling. I called my dad and he said to take it back beacuse the idle was set to low. The dealership advise I drive It for a few days then bring it back. It was still doing it after 500 miles so I took it back and they said it was fine. My dad who has a lot of experience in cars and is an engineer looked at it today and said it is most certainly idling to low and that he is going to replace the spark plugs and coil packs. I wanted to get people's ideas or suggestions on what this may be as well although I trust my dad! When idling it is below 1000 rpm's which my dad said it should be idling at 1000. Any help would be much appreciated!!
    • Aug 07, 2017 6:38:16 pm
    These cars idle about 700 rpm from what I remember, should be fine if it's about that. Below 1000 is fine, but not so low it wants to stall out.

I'd say hold on to your spark plugs and coil packs just in case replacing them doesn't change anything, you might be able to return them. Most likely not since they would be used then, but maybe.
    • Aug 10, 2017 7:01:16 pm
    yup aervin is correct. Idle is under 1000, around 650-700. All you have to do is look under your hood, there is a sticker that will tell you what idle speed is.
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: