Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Any suggestions?

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 16, 2017 7:51:31 am
    so I finally gathered money again after spending it on miscellaneous crap for my car such as exterior parts... I now got a good feeling for a Cold air intake on INJEN . As for turbo I've been struggling trying to find a reliable turbo... but it goes out of my price range... for now i think I'll get CAI........ or my best bet would be to get a faster car....
    • May 16, 2017 6:48:43 pm
    IF you want to go with Parts, here are a few sites you may want to check out:

Parts Sites for the tC1

A Turbo will run you something like $3k-$4k for a Used one. And roughly $5k for a New one.
    Personally, I would not go Turbo because I don't want to shorten the life of my Engine.
    And all the time trying to fuss with it.

IMHO, Money better spent on a faster car than to dump $$thousands trying to make a tC fast:

Wanting to know the best to get 420 Hp to wheels

Untimely, the Decision is yours, not Ours which way you want to go.

MR_LUV

• May 16, 2017 7:29:01 pm
    I agree with MR_LUV. As much as I want a turbo, the cost of the kit plus all the tuning and ECU work required doesn't seem worth it for a 50-60hp gain. Plus with my car being an auto, I'm pretty sure the trans would turn into a gear and oil smoothie in like 2 seconds.

Personally, I would use the turbo money and buy an older WRX and modify that, which is actually what I plan to do in the near future.
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: