Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Maintenance & Repair Threads
Viewing Thread

Any suggestions?

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • May 16, 2017 7:51:31 am
    so I finally gathered money again after spending it on miscellaneous crap for my car such as exterior parts... I now got a good feeling for a Cold air intake on INJEN . As for turbo I've been struggling trying to find a reliable turbo... but it goes out of my price range... for now i think I'll get CAI........ or my best bet would be to get a faster car....
    • May 16, 2017 6:48:43 pm
    IF you want to go with Parts, here are a few sites you may want to check out:

Parts Sites for the tC1

A Turbo will run you something like $3k-$4k for a Used one. And roughly $5k for a New one.
    Personally, I would not go Turbo because I don't want to shorten the life of my Engine.
    And all the time trying to fuss with it.

IMHO, Money better spent on a faster car than to dump $$thousands trying to make a tC fast:

Wanting to know the best to get 420 Hp to wheels

Untimely, the Decision is yours, not Ours which way you want to go.

MR_LUV

• May 16, 2017 7:29:01 pm
    I agree with MR_LUV. As much as I want a turbo, the cost of the kit plus all the tuning and ECU work required doesn't seem worth it for a 50-60hp gain. Plus with my car being an auto, I'm pretty sure the trans would turn into a gear and oil smoothie in like 2 seconds.

Personally, I would use the turbo money and buy an older WRX and modify that, which is actually what I plan to do in the near future.
    • Jun 08, 2017 1:05:07 pm
    Whatever you choose to do, try to make sure you get all your parts from the same place. I have had many complications trying to save money by picking a cheap part from some online store and then getting another one from some other online store, only to get the parts and realize they were never made to work with one another (lol duh). Just trying to help people to not make the same mistakes I did.
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: