Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

MY $400 HID WENT OUT

• 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    So, apparently scion has an HID kit right? I asked to make sure if they were like the nice type (the whole unit) and the salesman said "yeah, they're like the ones from lexus", so I go for it and I pay 400 bucks and have them installed and they look pretty sick, right?
    I open my hood, thinking they're fancy HIDs... guess what. Straight up PLUG AND PLAY. Seriously? I paid 60 bucks for a pair of this and you charged me 400?? I gotta admit they look pretty nice compared to the ones online BUUUUUT

toda... one of them went out! WTH.... I'm pissed! Apparently the ballast went out and now i'm gonna have to get it fixed. Still, it kinda makes me mad to find out that this $400 HIDs couldn't even last a month!

I just hope this gets better....
    Lesson Learned.

NEVER buy accessories for a Stealership!
    Now you know, Get MengMotrosports Hid Kits
    xGhostx wrote:
    Now you know, Get MengMotrosports Hid Kits

Agreed x2
    ebay $40 hid's ftw
    I'd be so pissed off for like paying 4bills then it to go our.. Are they replacing it for free?
    Dude! that suckssssssss
    UltiMica06 wrote:
    Lesson Learned.

NEVER buy accessories for a Stealership!

Hey, I did!

Mine was base model without ANY accessories.

So I ended up ordering the ground effects, lip spoiler, fog lights during the sale. Turns out, my dealer includes the labor charge with the MSRP price. And, the Toyota tech actually did some moding to my fog lights to make them more sturdy than the factory instructions by putting screws all around the bumper into the fog light grill.
    He did one hell of a job because I couldn't figure out how to put the screws back in when I took out the grill to put on back my OEM grill when I had a leaky seal around one of the lamps.
    Not sure why you would EVER buy anything from a dealership when there's such a VAST aftermarket for the vehicle. Especially in the HID area, where 99.9% of the kits are always universal.
    Well, yeah they are being replaced and they're covered I the warranty which is good for the time that I'll have my car. The lights compared to the ones I used to have are way better it's just that it may have been a defective unit. Lol btw, I got shocked trying to see which was the problem bulb or ballast... BIG TIME
    If the kits are sealed properly, you should NEVER get a shock. You may want to look into an aftermarket kit from Operatic or Meng and get rid of the ones on the car. If HIDs shocked you, then they may have other issues that can crop up later.
    Web wrote:
    If the kits are sealed properly, you should NEVER get a shock. You may want to look into an aftermarket kit from Operatic or Meng and get rid of the ones on the car. If HIDs shocked you, then they may have other issues that can crop up later.

getting shocked was my fault. I had them on and interrupted the circuit without even thinking about it. I'm not saying the lights are bad. You k ow there are $200 to $400 aftermarket kits out there. The ones I used to have on my 10 tc were about 80 and they started flickering about a year later
    140$ kit from Operatic has lasted me 5 years with no flickering and all I did was get another set of bulbs b/c I wanted 6000K vs. 5000K. It's not how much you spend, but how reputable the seller and makers are. The dealer will always tack on an easy 35% selling fee.
    True that, but oh well it's done and the good thing is it's covered. I'll probably use this to get some freebie from the dealership. I already got a free head unit cuz my alpine wasn't working properly but I got it fixed so... If anyone is interested!!! Brand new lol
    Web wrote:
    140$ kit from Operatic has lasted me 5 years with no flickering and all I did was get another set of bulbs b/c I wanted 6000K vs. 5000K. It's not how much you spend, but how reputable the seller and makers are. The dealer will always tack on an easy 35% selling fee.

me toos
    The best route is buy HID cheap, I prefer to pay a little more from a vendor that provides excellent service and provides a decent warranty.

The belief that brand A provides a superior light compared to brand B is false: there will always be some variation from brand to brand, but we are talking 5% differences.
  • 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: