Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Racing Seats vs Leather

  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
    I have heard many of you already saying you are doing leather to your stock seats, but do any of you have plans like myself to get sparco or other racing seats?
    Racing seats are fine, but not the most comfortable when it comes to daily driving... ANY racing seats, even the ones built 1/2 and 1/2 LOL..Then again also, if your windows aren-t tinted and you live in a hot area, Leather sucks! haha...Hard to choose, i-m going to stick with the cloth for a while..... My old sentra i use to have two racing seats, and then when i had to drive long trips i would take out my seat, and put the stock one back in, while my passanger had to deal with the discomfort...THe katzkin leather covers look awesome though...if i tint my windows darker than before, i may consider them.
    I personally LOVE leather seats.... Sparco wanted to re-do all my interior, but I said to leave the seats alone.... besides, lose the stock seats = lose the -conversation area-....
    yea i see what u guys meen. as for the comforat, i think it all depends on what seats you buy, if u buy cheap seats they wont feel good, but sparco seats are usually comforatable for me. as the conversion area, if i wanted more space in a car i wouldnt want to get a tC, cause the cargo space iv VERY limited. and once i do get my tc and put my box in (depending on if it fits) i will have practically no cargo room at all. but then again i like the custom look of leather and the option to embroder the leather... i dunno... its both good. it all depends on how your gonna drive the car i guess.
    Racing seats all the way.
    I will eventually get some leather seat covers
    I plan on getting Cobra racing seats when I get the cash...
    I-m eventually getting the katzskin kit. BTW does anybody know what the price of the kit is going to be. They have it on there site but no price.
    It does depend on what type of seats you buy, leather seats get blazing hot under the sun and they need to be well maintained. I-ma stick with the stocks for now.
    How about some recaro seats? They have a nice OEM look, and comfort/safety is their specialty. P.S. Is it just me, or do the seat backs on the tC seem a little weak? You wouldn-t want that seat back adjuster to fail in an impact.
    -cwmtC- wrote:
    Is it just me, or do the seat backs on the tC seem a little weak? You wouldn-t want that seat back adjuster to fail in an impact.
    They seemed fine, in fact more sturdy than my Lil- Neon, during my test drives. Could just be me though ... anyone else?Also, on the original topic, I wouldn-t recommend racing seats if you-re planning on driving for any extended period of time, IMO anyway.
    why not get leather racing seats? hahaps, is it just me or the posts are moving a little slow. yoursciontc.com has less members and they put up twice as many posts. what gives? i like the design on this forum more.
    -wontonjai- wrote:
    ps, is it just me or the posts are moving a little slow. yoursciontc.com has less members and they put up twice as many posts. what gives? i like the design on this forum more.
    We delete re-posts and merge topics Quoting Nolte -Doing this provides superior organization to clubsciontc compared to other forums.- Oh, Glad you like the site...it was recently re-done Ok..back to racing leather seats lol
    -Sin- wrote:
    -wontonjai- wrote:
    ps, is it just me or the posts are moving a little slow. yoursciontc.com has less members and they put up twice as many posts. what gives? i like the design on this forum more.
    We delete re-posts and merge topics Quoting Nolte -Doing this provides superior organization to clubsciontc compared to other forums.- Oh, Glad you like the site...it was recently re-done Ok..back to racing leather seats lol
    It also allows the search function to actually work, unlike other sites where no matter what you search for, you get hundreds of results.Yes. Back to seats. There should be a -stock- option to this poll. That-s what I-d do.
  • 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2019 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.