Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

What is your MPG?

    what type of MPG are u getting on ur tC? i dont drive mine too hard, only drive around 5 miles perday, and i use a half a tank in a week. is that normal?
    I get 27-28 mpg on average. I drive 70-75% on the highway at around 75-80 mph. City I drive only a little and that's usually friday/saturday nights just burning gas.

    I shift at around 3500-4000 all the time and just take it slow most of the time. Don't use anything higher than regular gas (87) b/c it's harder for the engine to combust and it doesn't help our N/A car for anything.
    My 1/2 tank mark is at 220 miles.
    yea i use regular gas, shift point around 3k-3.5k and i dont press to hard. maybe 1/4 2/4 way down on the pedal.
    Yeah, you sound like a normal driver. That's all you really need to do to keep good gas mileage.
    yea the first week i got it and filled up, i got a 21 MPG, i forgot to reset the odo this time so i cant really check, but next time i fill up ill check out how much i am really getting. i should get MAYBE 24? or are my hopes too high.
    I guess that would be ok. I never got a base mpg on my car b/c the first day I got it (3 hours after I bought it) I put my intake on. My mpg has never dropped below 26 mpg though, so I would expect a bit more. Again, environmental factors play a good part in determining that and also the type of gas that the gas stations in your area use. My engine seems to do MUCH better with gas that has E85 Ethanol mixed in it. Wawa gas is my favorite. Exxon/Shell are horrible for my mpg. Chevron/BP are second for me, but I always use Wawa gas. I was happy getting 27 mpg before I used that gas and then after using it, from the first tank I tried of it, I got no lower than 28.5 mpg. Not much but hey, gas is expensive.
    not wawa here in winter park florida. i always fill at BP, so thats what i will do.
    Here's a pic of my gauges for a check of my mpg. In this pic, I'm at just above a 1/4 tank (just drove to Ocean City and coming back) and I'm at 224.4 miles for this tank.

    I average about 28 mpg normal driving (75% H, 25% C) to and from work and some playing around during the week. Average about 80 on the highway.

    This was going to Ocean City and going about 70. I ended up finishing this tank at about 30.15 mpg. 392 miles and filled up 13 gallons.
    [tIMG]http://i141.photobucket.c...2/webmancorvette/trip.jpg[/tIMG]
    I'm driving a lot more city miles now and I end up with barely 190 at my half tank. I get 330 miles from 12.5 gallons. (26 mpg)

    yeah i drive 40 miles a day highway 80 to 90mph and drive like a jerk in the city, a half tank lasts me about...2.5 days yah...
    Web wrote:
    I get 27-28 mpg on average. I drive 70-75% on the highway at around 75-80 mph. City I drive only a little and that's usually friday/saturday nights just burning gas.

    I shift at around 3500-4000 all the time and just take it slow most of the time. Don't use anything higher than regular gas (87) b/c it's harder for the engine to combust and it doesn't help our N/A car for anything.


    I heard the better gas has some "detergents" in it and one take a month could help to keep the pipes clean???
    hvtopiwala wrote:
    what type of MPG are u getting on ur tC? i dont drive mine too hard, only drive around 5 miles perday, and i use a half a tank in a week. is that normal?


    i get about the same...i drive to school and back and sometimes to the bike shop and on the weekends to the trailheads. I'll check my gas millage when i fill today or tomorrow
    lemire04 wrote:
    Web wrote:
    I get 27-28 mpg on average. I drive 70-75% on the highway at around 75-80 mph. City I drive only a little and that's usually friday/saturday nights just burning gas.

    I shift at around 3500-4000 all the time and just take it slow most of the time. Don't use anything higher than regular gas (87) b/c it's harder for the engine to combust and it doesn't help our N/A car for anything.


    I heard the better gas has some "detergents" in it and one take a month could help to keep the pipes clean???


    Correct. Orin had a post up here last night so I'm not sure what happened to it.

    It's not really something you should use as an "additive" or just 1 time a month. When you find a gas that works for you, stick with it. Chevron/BP/Shell...those are all high quality fuels. I use Wawa gas b/c it's part of Texaco and that is part of Chevron . I've tried Exxon and Crown and both of those give me at LEAST 40-50 miles less per tank. It's horrible. I'll stick to my Wawa gas.
    web how is mobil?
    High priced..........for me, it's just like Exxon......I lose mpg with it.
    ive been using mobil a lot, since its almost right next to my house, i just fill it up on the way back from class...maybe i should change and ill see better numbers. because ive been seeing 26-27mpg with mobil, and i dont even drive that hard
    rimjay wrote:
    ive been using mobil a lot, since its almost right next to my house, i just fill it up on the way back from class...maybe i should change and ill see better numbers. because ive been seeing 26-27mpg with mobil, and i dont even drive that hard


    Yeah, it won't hurt to try another gas for 2-3 tanks just to see if it changes.
    mobil also has speedpass which is convienent...another invention for the lazy americans, +1
    hahahah
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2022 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.