Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Winjet Foglights 2016 Scion tC

• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    I browsed the other 'fog lights' threads but am still coming up with a bit of a problem. I have the winjet fog lights; clear, and they're all installed save for the wire connecting to the positive terminal of the battery, the ground inside the cab, and the wire that would be tapped into one of the fuses.

I've watched a few videos that suggest putting it on the Ignition fuse, but that fuse is only 7.5 amps and I don't want to overload it. I tried wiring it into the 'fog RS' fuse, but no go. Apparently I'd have to buy the OEM kit from Toyota to activate that and I can't return these winjet ones now.

Another video said to splice it into a wire in the dash. I checked it for power with the lights fully turned on and got nothing from it. The tool has ac/dc detection on it so it should have picked up something.

Here's the video on youtube, that shows the wires I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/WoEKBk58EpM?t=752

It's set to begin right when the guy is talking about the wires.

Someone else suggested routing the wire back through the fire wall, and connecting it to a fuse in the engine bay.

I'm not sure which route to go. Does the wire suggested in the video, work? Shouldn't I have detected some kind of power from it if it did? If not, can you suggest a fuse in the engine bay that would be safe to tap into?

Thank you for your help!
    LunarFirefly wrote:
    I browsed the other 'fog lights' threads but am still coming up with a bit of a problem. I have the winjet fog lights; clear, and they're all installed save for the wire connecting to the positive terminal of the battery, the ground inside the cab, and the wire that would be tapped into one of the fuses.

I've watched a few videos that suggest putting it on the Ignition fuse, but that fuse is only 7.5 amps and I don't want to overload it. I tried wiring it into the 'fog RS' fuse, but no go. Apparently I'd have to buy the OEM kit from Toyota to activate that and I can't return these winjet ones now.

Another video said to splice it into a wire in the dash. I checked it for power with the lights fully turned on and got nothing from it. The tool has ac/dc detection on it so it should have picked up something.

Here's the video on youtube, that shows the wires I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/WoEKBk58EpM?t=752

It's set to begin right when the guy is talking about the wires.

Someone else suggested routing the wire back through the fire wall, and connecting it to a fuse in the engine bay.

I'm not sure which route to go. Does the wire suggested in the video, work? Shouldn't I have detected some kind of power from it if it did? If not, can you suggest a fuse in the engine bay that would be safe to tap into?

Thank you for your help!

there is factory wiring already installed for the fog lights. It's tucked away inside the front bumper cover area.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: