Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Straight pipe too loud

• 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    Hey everyone so I just installed the 3" straight pipe heavy wall exhaust
    And oh my god it sounds so six and yes it's as fast as it's sounds lol
    The problem now is it's way too loud I was thinking of installing a magnaflow
    Hiflow cat and a magnaflow muffler/resonator
    ...... Any suggestions
    Ummm yea you need something are you on boost or Nitrous maybe a built N/A motor? If not 3" is way too big and your hurting your performance. but if you want to run open I suggest an import brand muffle and cat and then do an open dump before the cat w/electric opener. Your talking old school racing but this is what I did when I was running F body Z28s but know it's for track use only because a dump is fucking ear peircing lmao.
    Oh man lol yea yea it's turbo I should've mentioned that
    I really appreciate the advice I'm going to research it right
    Now
    Since on boost the 3" is good I wouldn't put the cats back on since you will have too much back pressure and that's not good for valves or turbo and can lead to detonation. I know Dezod has a 3" turbo exhaust for around a grand but since you have all the piping installed I would go with a single chamber muffler low restrictive your exhaust will be loud but toned down a bit to reasonable levels. Hope that info helps.
    A high flow 3" cat is not bad for any part of the car and will minimally restrict the exhaust flow. Honestly unless you are making some pretty serious power, a 2.5 exh with hi-flow cat would be just as effective.
    3 inch > 2.5 inch. Makes more power. As the saying goes...for turbo, no exhaust is the best exhaust.
    rhythmnsmoke wrote:
    3 inch > 2.5 inch. Makes more power. As the saying goes...for turbo, no exhaust is the best exhaust.

That may be the saying but it's not always true.
    • Edited 1 times, last by rhythmnsmoke on .
    ImmortaltC wrote:
    rhythmnsmoke wrote:

That may be the saying but it's not always true.

Doesn't matter, because in this case it is true. It's gains already been proven a long time ago. PTuning changed people's mentality on that when they were the first to release a production 3 inch exhaust for the tC and show the difference in power. It actually pushed Dezod to even make a 3 inch themselves.
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: