Club Scion tC

Club Scion tC redesign almost here!
It's been a while, CStC fam! CStC will soon be migrating to an entirely new backend in the next few months! We are finally looking for anyone interested in testing the new system before we go live. Contact SqMK for details!
Forum Utilities
More Exhaust Threads
Viewing Thread

Spec-D Exhaust

• 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Nov 03, 2017 12:26:05 pm
    whats up guys. I have an 06 tC, looking to get rid of the stock exhaust. I'm currently on a budget, which brought me to the Spec-D Catback Exhaust. I was wondering if anyone currently has, or has had this exhaust. I've been reading through many mixed reviews and I'm not sure about it. I'm hoping you guys can help me out here. Thanks!
    • Nov 03, 2017 2:13:00 pm
    rsepps713 wrote:
    whats up guys. I have an 06 tC, looking to get rid of the stock exhaust. I'm currently on a budget, which brought me to the Spec-D Catback Exhaust. I was wondering if anyone currently has, or has had this exhaust. I've been reading through many mixed reviews and I'm not sure about it. I'm hoping you guys can help me out here. Thanks!

I have a spec-d rear strut bar/brace for my project civic car, it's really good quality. Sure it's not the high end but for what I paid $25 at carid (in '14) it's excellent. Still looks new. And does a great job. If that's any indication how their exhaust would be, why not try it?

I haven't tried that exhaust but since it was spec-d thought I'd give my experience with their brand. What's the reviews say? the bad stuff? any youtube videos did you find? that way you can hear it.
    • Nov 04, 2017 1:59:38 am
    what is the model number of the spec-d exhaust system are you looking at?
    • Nov 04, 2017 2:45:27 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by rsepps713 on Nov 04, 2017 2:47:39pm.
    I've seen some videos and I definitely like the sound. From what I've read the good thing about it is it's the best "bang for your buck" and gets the job done. The bad: it's cheaply made and doesn't last (which I obviously expect, just how cheap though?) and some people have fitting problems (had to cut and reweld).
    Thanks for the response too really appreciate any help!
    • Nov 04, 2017 8:24:35 pm
    rsepps713 wrote:
    I'm looking into this one from carid

https://www.carid.com/200...aust-system-78253585.html

ok.. I found the same one over at amazon (ships/sold by amazon), for $90.53! https://www.amazon.com/Sp...ack-Exhaust/dp/B007XWTWBG

but look at the reviews? this thing barely lasts a year and falls apart. ouch.. then some had to take it to a shop to re-bend it? um.. I know it looks nice but I would look to something else, that's just me.

Do you really want to have to pay someone to re-bend it? Kinda seems like spending more money isn't the goal here, lol. Or that in a year it falls apart and you have to spend more $$$ to replace it. hmmm..

What do you think you'll do? No judgement here, it's what you feel comfortable with, just putting everything out there in the open about this exhaust system.
Tags: d exhaust spec
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: