Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Exhaust Threads
Viewing Thread

HKS Hi Power Review

• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Oct 06, 2017 2:37:31 pm
    Hello everyone thought I'd be a little bit helpful by telling people about my experience with my HKS Hi Power axel back exhaust. So to start things off I did a little research and decided to purchase the HKS but it really is personal preference. The HKS is an axel back which means it replaces your muffler you keep your cat and midpipe etc. So when it came time to purchase I got my from THMotorsport they were the cheapest and I liked their site so I got it from them for about 370-380 ish. Came in four days which was nice. I installed it in about an hour I had help from one other person and I do recommend you use a jack it just makes life eaiser and its worth it you can do it without one but it may cause a lot of soreness in your shoulder the next day. Now taking off the exisiting muffler everything uses 14 mm sockets and I do recommend you use either wd-40 to loosen up the bolts to make it easier on you. Also when taking off your old one their is a tool to help with the hangers which i Found was the hardest part it's like a crows foot and you can get it from any auto parts store. But overall it was pretty easy and in my opinion it was worth it I really enjoyed it and it's got a nice deep grumble with that I like. Doesn't sound like a ricer at all. I can provide pics if needed and if you need help just ask. Hope this was helpful
    • Oct 06, 2017 5:30:41 pm
    very cool! glad it worked out for ya! I know that my stock exhaust will probably need a torch at a shop to get the bolts off there. There's nothing left to really remove! that's michigan for ya! lol..

hey can you post a video of the exhaust sound? Of course don't need to see your license plate in case you're worried about that. Just focus on the exhaust, be cool for people who want a new exhaust to know what's out there, instead of trying to search youtube, etc..
    • Oct 08, 2017 5:02:04 am
    sciontc_mich wrote:
    very cool! glad it worked out for ya! I know that my stock exhaust will probably need a torch at a shop to get the bolts off there. There's nothing left to really remove! that's michigan for ya! lol..

hey can you post a video of the exhaust sound? Of course don't need to see your license plate in case you're worried about that. Just focus on the exhaust, be cool for people who want a new exhaust to know what's out there, instead of trying to search youtube, etc..

I agree with Mich. I wanna know what it looks like and sounds like.
Tags: hi hks power review
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: