Club Scion tC

Forum Utilities
More Exhaust Threads
Viewing Thread

Hellbent on dual

• 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Aug 02, 2017 9:18:37 am
    Hello, fellow tC owners. I drive a 1st gen 2006 tC, and I really want to upgrade to dual exhaust. In my opinion, it looks super sexy. I'm not an idiot, I know what I want. I just need more info on how to get the parts. I'm well aware I'd be looking for dual exit, not true dual, as we all know true dual and inline do NOT go hand in hand. I need help finding a y-pipe that will fit. Also, we can save the whole it won't gain you much or at all, because I'm not necessarily in it for the performance gains. Like I said, I'm not an idiot, I just want my car to be symmetrical, and ever since Scion released its last tC with dual exhaust (labeled series 10.0 I believe), I've been envious of the look and want it on mine (not that I'm specifically looking for the TRD exhaust). Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!!
    • Aug 02, 2017 8:55:35 pm
    TP_Fosho wrote:
    Hello, fellow tC owners. I drive a 1st gen 2006 tC, and I really want to upgrade to dual exhaust. In my opinion, it looks super sexy. I'm not an idiot, I know what I want. I just need more info on how to get the parts. I'm well aware I'd be looking for dual exit, not true dual, as we all know true dual and inline do NOT go hand in hand. I need help finding a y-pipe that will fit. Also, we can save the whole it won't gain you much or at all, because I'm not necessarily in it for the performance gains. Like I said, I'm not an idiot, I just want my car to be symmetrical, and ever since Scion released its last tC with dual exhaust (labeled series 10.0 I believe), I've been envious of the look and want it on mine (not that I'm specifically looking for the TRD exhaust). Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!!

without finding an aftermarket solution (direct fit), only way to go is a custom made setup at a good muffler shop/performance shop. That's the best idea I have.
    • Aug 09, 2017 1:08:38 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by TP_Fosho on Aug 09, 2017 1:09:05pm.
    Appreciate the feedback. Looks like that may be the way I'll be going.
    • Aug 10, 2017 6:48:28 pm
    I concur with sciontc_mich. My previous car was a 2006 Scion xB Gen1. I went to a Custom Muffler/Performance shop and they were able to fashion a Y-pipe for me.
    I had one of the very few xBs with a 'Dual Exhaust' look setup.

Plus you have a choice of Custom Tips available to you.

MR_LUV

Tags: dual hellbent on
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: