Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

05-06 and 07-10 Engines.

  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
    I googled this to the best of my knowledge and got mixed results as well as asked a few people on FB.

    Both are physically and externally the same. Both are 2AZFE's. 05-06 uses a different ECU. I know the harness must follow the ECU because the plugs are different. I know the 07+ have oil squirters and a slightly higher compression.

    Will a 05/06 Engine work in an 07/10 Shell?
    mischman wrote:
    I googled this to the best of my knowledge and got mixed results as well as asked a few people on FB.

    Both are physically and externally the same. Both are 2AZFE's. 05-06 uses a different ECU. I know the harness must follow the ECU because the plugs are different. I know the 07+ have oil squirters and a slightly higher compression.

    Will a 05/06 Engine work in an 07/10 Shell?
    Do you have an 05/06 ecu?
    basebllstar wrote:
    mischman wrote:
    I googled this to the best of my knowledge and got mixed results as well as asked a few people on FB.

    Both are physically and externally the same. Both are 2AZFE's. 05-06 uses a different ECU. I know the harness must follow the ECU because the plugs are different. I know the 07+ have oil squirters and a slightly higher compression.

    Will a 05/06 Engine work in an 07/10 Shell?
    Do you have an 05/06 ecu?


    Yes, you cant swap ECUs cause the harness is different though.
    From anything I've ever seen the two bolt up the same to the car and have the same bell housing so you should be fine. See if you can't call up your local dealership and ask about the engine mounts and bell housing to confirm they're the same between the years.
    aervin wrote:
    From anything I've ever seen the two bolt up the same to the car and have the same bell housing so you should be fine. See if you can't call up your local dealership and ask about the engine mounts and bell housing to confirm they're the same between the years.


    I'm not physically worried about the engine going into the car, the only thing that is different is the internals. Im worried about them not running right because the 07s+ have higher compression, oil squirters and more aggressive cams.
    Oh gotcha my bad I misunderstood you. So you just want to run the old motor in a new car correct? Well you have the ECU, do you the harness for it too? Not much else to do but bolt her in. It'll run just fine with the right ECU telling it what to do.
    I have a 2006 Scion TC.
    The headgasket leaking in the rear.
    I pulled the engine and transmission.
    I found a doner car.. a late Model 06.I guess considered an 07.
    This engine ran fine and trans shifted smooth. I was a wrecked car.
    I done a complete engine swap and trans swap with the harness etc still connect etc.
    I found that the only difference is the MAF plug in.
    I used the MAF from the new engine.
    I tried to start the car...nothing turns over and over.
    I swapped the ECU from the doner car to the 2006 Tc, and it tried to fire...then it dropped off.
    I'm at a loss...HELP PLEASE.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2019 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.