Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

internals?

• 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    hey everyone...i wanna make some more power without f/i right now.....at least for a few years.....so i was wondering if anybody knows of any sites for internals such as cams, pistons, rods, or anything like that......thanx

www.killertc.com

pistons (high comp 11.1:1)
    connecting rods (forged)
    injectors (440 cc or higher)
    fuel pump...not sure if they have one
    head bolt studs
    cams (not sure if these are out for our car yet)
    would i want high comp pistons if im not doing f/i?

and about how many ponies do u think i could get out of doin all that?
    VAULTtc wrote:
    would i want high comp pistons if im not doing f/i?

and about how many ponies do u think i could get out of doin all that?

Yes, high compression for N/A and low compression for F/I.

With a good tune, that's the debate of whether or not our cars can get to 200 whp. i believe they can but it would require a new head and valves/retainers as well.
    thanx web.....and one more question.....lol....all the pistons ive found are a bigger bore.......that means i have to get my engine bored out rite? cuz i really dont feel like taking my entire engine out to do that
    imagine doing the internals ... and then boosting it OMG pure sex.
    VAULTtc wrote:
    thanx web.....and one more question.....lol....all the pistons ive found are a bigger bore.......that means i have to get my engine bored out rite? cuz i really dont feel like taking my entire engine out to do that

Yeah, the usual bore for our engines is .20 oversize....that allows you to sleeve the engine with strong sleeves to deal with the higher cylinder pressures.
    sofresh23 wrote:
    imagine doing the internals ... and then boosting it OMG pure sex.

You can do high compression pistons with F/I as well, but it's risky b/c of the extreme pressures built in the cylinder. I would stroke the engine out and THEN do high compression so that you have a larger cylinder volume to compensate for the higher compression.
    ok then....good info.....do they just sell an entire stroker kit for our cars?
    bump
    VAULTtc wrote:
    ok then....good info.....do they just sell an entire stroker kit for our cars?

problem with higher compression is really that you just can't run as high of boost levels. you can boost it as mentioned but someone with less compression can run more boost. both will make power but one will be safer.

for example high compression pistons for our cars are 11:1. now take a stock 06 type-s. they come with stock 11:1 pistons and people are putting superchargers and turbo kits on them and getting nice numbers. its all in how the car is built, tuned, and set up.

but if your planning on boosting it later then i wouldn't bother with your bottom end just yet. if you put lower compression pistons in without putting boost into the motor then your going to loose power.
    not sure if anyone's still on these forums but i was curious about the internals of a car. to start off. i'm not THAT smart with all the car terms but i'm not an idiot either. i plan on building a motor for my scion tc but i want to start from scratch pretty much. i will be buying a used motor than getting everything machined if need be etc. but instead of putting everything back together and replacing worn parts. i will be tossing all internals and replacing them with aftermarket components. now to the question part. with the 2.5 aluminum block what's a the hp limit for this block? and last here comes the confusing part for me. if i upgrade and use forged pistons rods etc instead of cast stuff. the metal is stronger and it will transfer and deal with heat better but my biggest question is. does just changing the type of metal used for rods and such increase horsepower or just make the components stronger? and if they just make the motor able to handle more stress, then what actually makes the motor gain horsepower without pushing turbo or just bolt-ons? once again sorry for my stupidity on some subjects but this just doesn't quite make since to me and since i want to build a motor i want it to be strong and fast but not break after 30,000 miles because i'm pushing to much hp to the block. or i want it fast but if i just upgrade the metal does it actually make it faster.. like i said i'm just not understanding where the horsepower gains come from when people build a motor with forged and billet (i think that's the right term. a little over my price range so wasn't going to mess with it) components. i don't understand if they're coming from the different type of metal used or the specifications of all the measurements of the parts. could someone help???
    The 2az block will handle over 500 hp. The forged parts don't actually make horsepower, they are just stronger. What makes more power is more fuel and air mixture in the combustion chamber. You won't make those high numbers on all motor with the 2az block. Only forced induction. Turbos and superchargers force more air into the combustion chamber. The computer realizes this and adds more fuel to the mixture. The extra fuel and air make a bigger explosion. Hence more power.
    What is the max hp the stock internals can handle? trying to determine how much can be pushed with a turbo kit without breaking into the motor.
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: