Club Scion tC

Image Issues Fixed
We made some changes when migrating the site from one AWS account to another, and this resulted in some ill-configured images in various parts of the site. We have fixed the problem. You may need to clear browser cache to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Utilities
Viewing Thread

Remote start

  • 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • 1
  • 2
  • »
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    It can be done. You just have to not remote start if you have it parked in gear, and many people prefer to ALWAYS park in gear. If you park on a flat surface and can park your car without leaving it in gear and not worry about it rolling away, then yeah, you can do remote start.
    yes it can be done to a manual, i have it and its the best thing when its hot outside. not many places will install it but if they do they will charge you up the ass cause they will say they have to bypass the clutch and all that crap just look around for the best price. i paid 50 dls extra other than the 500 for the alarm.
    missautobahn wrote:
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    It can be done. You just have to not remote start if you have it parked in gear, and many people prefer to ALWAYS park in gear. If you park on a flat surface and can park your car without leaving it in gear and not worry about it rolling away, then yeah, you can do remote start.


    so you paid 550 total for the alarm and remote start? not bad thanks
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    thanks that helps. I am always in gear. ha ha
    maybe its not a good idea for me...
    this guy has a lux link remote start for his tc

    LuxLink Remote Start
    tempetc wrote:
    missautobahn wrote:
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    It can be done. You just have to not remote start if you have it parked in gear, and many people prefer to ALWAYS park in gear. If you park on a flat surface and can park your car without leaving it in gear and not worry about it rolling away, then yeah, you can do remote start.


    so you paid 550 total for the alarm and remote start? not bad thanks


    yeah i paid 550 for the whole alarm system with remote start, its a vyper alarm. and yes never park in gear or let ppl turn your car on while its on it. it has happend to me b4 and it doesnt sound pretty at all lol

    tempetc wrote:
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    thanks that helps. I am always in gear. ha ha
    maybe its not a good idea for me...


    It's probably not if you're always in gear. Like Walter said up there, he has it, and I drive his car pretty often but I've forgotten that I had it parked in gear once and started it... So just be careful if you do get it!!
    tC_by_trd wrote:
    yeah i paid 550 for the whole alarm system with remote start, its a vyper alarm. and yes never park in gear or let ppl turn your car on while its on it. it has happend to me b4 and it doesnt sound pretty at all lol



    haha see? ... that would be me...
    missautobahn wrote:
    tempetc wrote:
    tempetc wrote:
    I hope this is the right place to post this... I had a question about installing remote starter in your car. Can it be done to a manual? It seems to me like it would only work with an automatic. Thanks


    thanks that helps. I am always in gear. ha ha
    maybe its not a good idea for me...


    It's probably not if you're always in gear. Like Walter said up there, he has it, and I drive his car pretty often but I've forgotten that I had it parked in gear once and started it... So just be careful if you do get it!!



    haha yeah thats who i was talkin about lol. nice one hayli....
    ha nice I dont even wanna know what that does to your car. I get nervous about messing mine up
    once or twice doesnt mess it up, just be sure not to do it often. i say get it if you live in a place where its always hot like texas. where the pimps stay at hahaha;
    tC_by_trd wrote:
    once or twice doesnt mess it up, just be sure not to do it often. i say get it if you live in a place where its always hot like texas. where the pimps stay at hahaha;


    word! It's nice around here in the heat
    yea i dont park in gear so that would be good for me, i just use the e-brake....im thinking about getting a new alarm system, gotta see how it works and all, getting it from a friend
    tempetc wrote:
    ha nice I dont even wanna know what that does to your car. I get nervous about messing mine up



    I live in PHX, AZ and it is definitely hot out here. Thats why I consider getting it!
    yeah its a big plus when its hot, just turn the car on like 10 mins b4 you go out and it will be cool down so much its a big difference
    anyone got links to good systems, or is the viper one prob the best....also where would someone install it in a manual
    most places here in ca wont install auto start in a manual. kinda sucks. but i know a few places that'll do it for $100. i have the viper xv791 and never installed it. plus the remote start might mess up your starter over time.
    make sure you check your state laws before you buy it. in my state its illegal to have it on a manual.. i know i know how will they know but I had friends busted for it all the time
    i have remote start on my car, but I taught myself over 3 years of driving stick to not put it in gear, and with my turbo timer I cant leave it in gear, YES IT CAN BE DONE, BUT ITS DANGEROUS
  • 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
  • 1
  • 2
  • »
Jump to Forum:
Related Threads
Threads
Replies
Views
Last Post
©2019 Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion enthusiasts.