Club Scion tC

Club Scion tC redesign almost here!
It's been a while, CStC fam! CStC will soon be migrating to an entirely new backend in the next few months! We are finally looking for anyone interested in testing the new system before we go live. Contact SqMK for details!
Forum Utilities
More Engine Mods Threads
Viewing Thread

Need help with bolt on mods!

• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
    • Apr 15, 2017 6:09:37 pm
    So I just ordered a DC header for my 07' tC and a full Spec-D cat back exhaust as well, I have an HPS short ram intake already installed and my only question is do I need to get my car tuned?

If not then am I good to go or is there something to look out for?

Really would appreciate the help.
    • Apr 15, 2017 9:26:47 pm
    • Edited 1 times, last by Spence306 on Apr 15, 2017 9:27:39pm.
    No tuning needed. EMS will reset after a few weeks anyway unless you spent big bucks on a stand alone or piggy back system. I would also buy an aftermarket S pipe. You need to look into getting a decent brand resonator. A cat less system is gonna be seriously raspy and loud.

PS: also get the weapon R anti fouler to keep you from throwing a code.
    • Apr 17, 2017 9:13:51 am
    Ok so I'll get the Weapon R anti fouler, but help me understand a little more what the resonator and S-pipe is for and where can I find good parts?
    • Apr 17, 2017 10:25:08 am
    With the weapon r anti fouler, am I going to need spacers or no?
    • Apr 17, 2017 3:48:53 pm
    Suave0213 wrote:
    Ok so I'll get the Weapon R anti fouler, but help me understand a little more what the resonator and S-pipe is for and where can I find good parts?

The s-pipe is the piece between your header and catback that contains your second cat. I believe most s-pipes remove the second cat.

A resonator is used to combat rasp from your exhaust. Basically, when you remove your cats, the high frequency soundwaves from the combustion in your engine aren't absorbed by the catalyst material, and are free to bounce around like crazy in your exhaust, which causes rasp. A resonator is used to absorb some of those bad soundwaves to eliminate rasp and even out your exhaust tone.

As for the anti fouler, you don't need a spacer. The anti fouler itself is a spacer between your O2 sensor and exhaust gas that fools your car into thinking you have a cat still in there. I have a cheap ebay one and it works sometimes, but I noticed it's dependent on the octane rating of the gas I put in my car.
    • Apr 24, 2017 7:08:11 am
    Well I just installed everything this past weekend and the DC Racing header fits perfectly and works like a charm. The only problem I have is with the exhaust. It's very loud and raspy. What can I do about fixing that?
    • Apr 24, 2017 8:44:05 am
    You're probably going to want to add a resonator to your exhaust. Like I said in my last post, you removed the cat and that adds a ton of rasp to the car. I would recommend replacing the resonator in your Spec-D exhaust with a better resonator. Honestly 2 resonators would be better. That would tone down the rasp quite substantially and quiet the exhaust a little at the same time. Take a look at this one here.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Jump to Forum: